DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Puting music on to the Droid X

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by smalltowngirl13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by screaminscott View Post
    OK this is all very confusing. It seems there are multiple ways of doing this. Here's how far I have gotten.

1. plug the Droid X into my laptop via the USB.
    2. swipe the notification bar down from the top of the Droid X screen.
    3. Tap USB Connection.

There are 4 choices : PC Mode, WIndows Media Synch, USB Mass Storage, and CHarge Only.

Which do I pick to be able to synch my music with Windows Media Player? Ironically, Windows Media Synch does not work - it doesn't recognize my Droid X is connected.

Why is this so difficult?
    Attempt Mass Storage Mode to sync with WMP...it should then show your device (SD card) in WMP...
    Are you still having problems with it?
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by screaminscott View Post
    An update to the above. WHen I select Windows Media Sync on the Droid X, I get a popup on my Laptop that says "Camera Connected". I don't WANNA transfer pictures, I want to transfer MUSIC!
    When i originally plugged up my DX i went to my computer and doubled on the drive that said
    Motorola or whichever corresponds to your DX. This downloadedthe drivers that i needed to
    allow WMP to recognize my DX in thesync mode.

Don't know bout the USB mass storage windows mode stuff, just played w all till one worked

Prince

Sent from my ACER PC from home.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I never owned an iPod, so I am not used to transferring music. My daughter has no problems transferring music to her iPhone from her Windows Computer - she runs Firefox on Windows Vista.

I am using XP Pro, and had the usual problems with Windows Media Sync not being recognizable on my phone.. I change it to Media Sync, and it won't set, always defaulting to PC Mode.

So, I downloaded the Drop App and am transferring about 120 songs my daughter put on a jump drive for me.. and it is taking FOREVER to download. For instance, Bohemian Rhapsody is in excess of 5 mb.. is that normal? How long should this take to download? I turned on wiFi per someones comment that Drop App runs faster with wifi on (maybe that was from the drop app website, I'm not sure). All in all, this whole music download thing is taking about a hundred times longer than I would expect!

What am I doing wrong?
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Moment
    Quote Originally Posted by DruidX View Post
    I never owned an iPod, so I am not used to transferring music. My daughter has no problems transferring music to her iPhone from her Windows Computer - she runs Firefox on Windows Vista.

I am using XP Pro, and had the usual problems with Windows Media Sync not being recognizable on my phone.. I change it to Media Sync, and it won't set, always defaulting to PC Mode.

So, I downloaded the Drop App and am transferring about 120 songs my daughter put on a jump drive for me.. and it is taking FOREVER to download. For instance, Bohemian Rhapsody is in excess of 5 mb.. is that normal? How long should this take to download? I turned on wiFi per someones comment that Drop App runs faster with wifi on (maybe that was from the drop app website, I'm not sure). All in all, this whole music download thing is taking about a hundred times longer than I would expect!

What am I doing wrong?
    Awesome Drop was not really designed/built to be transferring 120 songs at a time. It can handle it, if you have the time to wait, but it was built for quick transfers on the go... Maybe a few songs at a time to push to your phone or a short playlist. (pics, documents ect.)

Good luck, it will work but you may want to turn some music on while you wait!
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Okay, cool - I'll just let it run all night long.. maybe it'll download half the songs! I honestly though it would be a 3 minute transfer for ALL of it!
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bolt of Thunder
    Quote Originally Posted by Staticfaction View Post
    I'm a Zune user but I also just downloaded Itunes (to get podcasts) and I wanted to know if it's possible to use the iTunes Agent app to only sync playlists and podcasts to my X. I have over 5,000 songs in my library and I'd only like to use about 1,000 on my X - in the form of playlists.

thanks in advance
    Why would you use Apple Crapware for podcasts? There are several apps in the market to get podcasts. I use PodKast [audio&video Podcast] - Android app on AppBrain and it works great. Supports audio and Video podcasts.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Links