DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battery Concern

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Battery Concern

Well Ive had the droid x for 24 hours.... and so far I am concerned about my battery... today for instance it died after 4 hours of heavy use inolving surfing the net, texting and using google talk.... 4 hours??? Similar to how fast it died after I first got it from the store - but when I first picked it up it had like 70% battery (it was used as a demo i guess?) It started at about 80% battery too. I fully charged it the night before, and left it on overnight in the morning it was still 80% so I just went from there (I guess standby is good though...)

does that seem right? What is going on.. I have wireless and GPs disabled, and its in power saver mode as well....

Possiible I got a defective battery? If so what options /steps can I take to get a new battery?

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    4 hours and "heavy" doesn't sound awful.. did you have your screen off while you were using Google Voice? Have you checked the numerous other threads with suggestions on extending battery life?
  4. ext
    Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I agree, 4 hours of "heavy" use seems reasonable. If you were doing stuff without WiFi - 3G is a battery hog. If you could do your surfing on WiFi you would have gained about 1-2hrs more battery.

Sadly, battery technology isn't improving at any rate as good as hardware is.

-Ext
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Yep, WiFi instead of 3G will definite give you a bit more time. Just make sure if you're not near a WiFi point you have WiFi off, otherwise it can really suck the juice looking for an access point that isn't there.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I think everyone is missing the point. He said he charged it overnight and the battery was still at 80%. While everyone else I hear is getting 8 hours heavy usage, you probably should go get it checked out at a Verizon shop.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by cizzlen View Post
    I think everyone is missing the point. He said he charged it overnight and the battery was still at 80%. While everyone else I hear is getting 8 hours heavy usage, you probably should go get it checked out at a Verizon shop.
    He didn't say he charged it overnight. He said he left it in standby overnight and it only dropped to 80%.
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x
    OK, what you've got to remember is that batteries can only do so much they are not as advanced as everything else that's why everybody's not in electric cars like we thought we would. What you need is a power saver app.; go to droid marketplace and download "Advanced Task Killer FREE" that will take care of some of your problems. Next, you need a portable battery pack or a car charger; that phone will last forever on stand by, I've done the math, mine will, and just your screen alone depletes 90% of the battery that is used, so it wont hurt to darken the contrast to your personal minimum choice. Hope this helps.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

I find it is all power drain from the display

Quote Originally Posted by Garandhero View Post
    Well Ive had the droid x for 24 hours.... and so far I am concerned about my battery... today for instance it died after 4 hours of heavy use inolving surfing the net, texting and using google talk.... 4 hours??? Similar to how fast it died after I first got it from the store - but when I first picked it up it had like 70% battery (it was used as a demo i guess?) It started at about 80% battery too. I fully charged it the night before, and left it on overnight in the morning it was still 80% so I just went from there (I guess standby is good though...)

does that seem right? What is going on.. I have wireless and GPs disabled, and its in power saver mode as well....

Possiible I got a defective battery? If so what options /steps can I take to get a new battery?
    Go to settings
    Look under Battery Manager go to battery use for a display of power consumption
    Put display on auto or very low
    HOpe this helps
    Vilkus
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I've had mine since Friday, battery has never lasted more than 8 hours. I went back to a factory reset on Monday, thinking maybe something I'd downloaded was killing the battery. Didn't help. Display is set to under 15%, no widgets, bluetooth, GPS and Gmail updates turned off. Today I sent one text message, about 30 characters and had two phone calls for 41 seconds. Battery went to 20% in under 8 hours. I don't even use this thing and the battery dies. Talked to Verizon tonight, they're sending a new battery. If it doesn't work this Droid will go back. I'm tired of screwing around with it. I need a phone that isn't tethered to a power source. It's useless as it is.
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    I took mine off the charger at exactly 11:30am today. It is now almost 11:00pm and after about 1 hour of phone calls, 20 or so text messages, a few app downloads and some app updates my battery is still showing 55%(I found an app in the marketplace that gives you exact percentages instead of just 10% increments). I only have a couple of widgets running in the background, but I do have Bluetooth and GPS on and I'm still getting awesome battery life.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links