DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Car dock phone audio for Droid X?

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Car dock phone audio for Droid X?

I am very interested in purchasing a droid x.

Question about phone call audio in the car dock....

Can the phone play audio through the vehicle speakers with the aux port and use its own microphone to do speakerphone or was this obvious feature totally passed over? I am not familiar with the google android OS AT ALL! Is this something that someone may have a hack or application for the in the future if it is not possible?

Without bluetooth, is the built in speaker decent enough to do speakerphone if the above is not the case? If there is an incoming call answered, will the phone silence an app such as pandora for the duration of the call?

Thirdly, I assume a good bluetooth device would solve both of the above if they are not possible?

Thanks everyone!

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I was using the navigation the other day and when I had an incoming call, my phone rang just like it would any other time. When I hit answer, it was on speaker phone. I'm sure if your useing pandora or something it will pause it just like it would any other time you got a call.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DroidX

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by aaron silidker View Post

Can the phone play audio through the vehicle speakers with the aux port and use its own microphone to do speakerphone or was this obvious feature totally passed over? I am not familiar with the google android OS AT ALL! Is this something that someone may have a hack or application for the in the future if it is not possible?

Without bluetooth, is the built in speaker decent enough to do speakerphone if the above is not the case? If there is an incoming call answered, will the phone silence an app such as pandora for the duration of the call?

Thirdly, I assume a good bluetooth device would solve both of the above if they are not possible?

Thanks everyone!
    Well yes if you have the cable that cam with the Dock, If your Unit has an MP3 1/8 port then yes it will I was just playing with it to night. I had to pull my Head Unit to Get to My Plug,But its Nice
    Live Life To It's Fullest!!!! As you Only Live Once So Enjoy it!!!
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    SamChg & DroidX
    My answers are below.

Can the phone play audio through the vehicle speakers with the aux port and use its own microphone to do speakerphone?

Yes

Without bluetooth, is the built in speaker decent enough to do speakerphone if the above is not the case?

Maybe. Depends on how loud your car environment is. The DX has above-average noise cancellation for a cellphone, but if you're crankin' Lady Gag-me at ear-bleed levels in your monster truck, then - No.

If there is an incoming call answered, will the phone silence an app such as pandora for the duration of the call?

Yes.

Yes, and probably the best way to go, anyways.

Thanks everyone!
    Your welcome!
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by AzJazz View Post
    My answers are below.

Can the phone play audio through the vehicle speakers with the aux port and use its own microphone to do speakerphone?

Yes

Without bluetooth, is the built in speaker decent enough to do speakerphone if the above is not the case?

Maybe. Depends on how loud your car environment is. The DX has above-average noise cancellation for a cellphone, but if you're crankin' Lady Gag-me at ear-bleed levels in your monster truck, then - No.

If there is an incoming call answered, will the phone silence an app such as pandora for the duration of the call?

Yes.

Yes, and probably the best way to go, anyways.

Thanks everyone!
    Your welcome!

THANKS!

So just to confirm the first answer...if a call comes in while in the car dock connected to my car headunit aux port with the pandora app on, the call audio will come out of the car speakers once the call is answered?

Does the incredible behave the same way?

Verizon corporate said no to both, but the guys in the store said yes. Too bad verizon corporate stores are too silly to have demo phones to try out in the car!
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X Hacked!!!
    I know this not good but it does play thru the speakers.i love my dock in the car.i can even watch movies.lol
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    SWEET! Just found this link In-car Motorola Droid Install with Car Mount | Nick's Car Blog

Confirms what you have all said...Seems too good to be true!
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X Hacked!!!
    SWEET! Just found this link In-car Motorola Droid Install with Car Mount | Nick's Car Blog

Confirms what you have all said...Seems too good to be true!
    Ill take a pic of mine tomorrow and post it...it's pretty kool!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Car dock phone audio for Droid X?-img_20100721_094408.jpg   Car dock phone audio for Droid X?-img_20100721_094322.jpg  
    Last edited by DroidX101; 07-21-2010 at 08:55 AM. Reason: added pics of car mount

Links