DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Car dock phone audio for Droid X?

  1. Droid Newbie
    aaron silidker's Avatar
    Member #
    91395
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #1

    Car dock phone audio for Droid X?

    I am very interested in purchasing a droid x.

    Question about phone call audio in the car dock....

    Can the phone play audio through the vehicle speakers with the aux port and use its own microphone to do speakerphone or was this obvious feature totally passed over? I am not familiar with the google android OS AT ALL! Is this something that someone may have a hack or application for the in the future if it is not possible?

    Without bluetooth, is the built in speaker decent enough to do speakerphone if the above is not the case? If there is an incoming call answered, will the phone silence an app such as pandora for the duration of the call?

    Thirdly, I assume a good bluetooth device would solve both of the above if they are not possible?


    Thanks everyone!
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid
    ninjabox's Avatar
    Member #
    85105
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Mass.
    Posts
    72
    Phone
    Droid X
    #2
    I was using the navigation the other day and when I had an incoming call, my phone rang just like it would any other time. When I hit answer, it was on speaker phone. I'm sure if your useing pandora or something it will pause it just like it would any other time you got a call.
  4. Droid
    FastEddie's Avatar
    Member #
    81205
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tampa,Fl
    Posts
    37
    Phone
    DroidX
    #3

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by aaron silidker View Post
    I am very interested in purchasing a droid x.

    Question about phone call audio in the car dock....

    Can the phone play audio through the vehicle speakers with the aux port and use its own microphone to do speakerphone or was this obvious feature totally passed over? I am not familiar with the google android OS AT ALL! Is this something that someone may have a hack or application for the in the future if it is not possible?

    Without bluetooth, is the built in speaker decent enough to do speakerphone if the above is not the case? If there is an incoming call answered, will the phone silence an app such as pandora for the duration of the call?

    Thirdly, I assume a good bluetooth device would solve both of the above if they are not possible?


    Thanks everyone!
    Well yes if you have the cable that cam with the Dock, If your Unit has an MP3 1/8 port then yes it will I was just playing with it to night. I had to pull my Head Unit to Get to My Plug,But its Nice
    Live Life To It's Fullest!!!! As you Only Live Once So Enjoy it!!!
  5. Senior Droid
    AzJazz's Avatar
    Member #
    34322
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    121
    Phone
    SamChg & DroidX
    #4
    My answers are below.

    Quote Originally Posted by aaron silidker View Post
    I am very interested in purchasing a droid x.

    Question about phone call audio in the car dock....

    Can the phone play audio through the vehicle speakers with the aux port and use its own microphone to do speakerphone?

    Yes

    Without bluetooth, is the built in speaker decent enough to do speakerphone if the above is not the case?

    Maybe. Depends on how loud your car environment is. The DX has above-average noise cancellation for a cellphone, but if you're crankin' Lady Gag-me at ear-bleed levels in your monster truck, then - No.

    If there is an incoming call answered, will the phone silence an app such as pandora for the duration of the call?

    Yes.

    Thirdly, I assume a good bluetooth device would solve both of the above if they are not possible?

    Yes, and probably the best way to go, anyways.

    Thanks everyone!
    Your welcome!
  6. Droid Newbie
    aaron silidker's Avatar
    Member #
    91395
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by AzJazz View Post
    My answers are below.

    Quote Originally Posted by aaron silidker View Post
    I am very interested in purchasing a droid x.

    Question about phone call audio in the car dock....

    Can the phone play audio through the vehicle speakers with the aux port and use its own microphone to do speakerphone?

    Yes

    Without bluetooth, is the built in speaker decent enough to do speakerphone if the above is not the case?

    Maybe. Depends on how loud your car environment is. The DX has above-average noise cancellation for a cellphone, but if you're crankin' Lady Gag-me at ear-bleed levels in your monster truck, then - No.

    If there is an incoming call answered, will the phone silence an app such as pandora for the duration of the call?

    Yes.

    Thirdly, I assume a good bluetooth device would solve both of the above if they are not possible?

    Yes, and probably the best way to go, anyways.

    Thanks everyone!
    Your welcome!

    THANKS!

    So just to confirm the first answer...if a call comes in while in the car dock connected to my car headunit aux port with the pandora app on, the call audio will come out of the car speakers once the call is answered?

    Does the incredible behave the same way?

    Verizon corporate said no to both, but the guys in the store said yes. Too bad verizon corporate stores are too silly to have demo phones to try out in the car!
  7. Droid
    DroidX101's Avatar
    Member #
    88827
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    79
    Phone
    Droid X Hacked!!!
    #6
    I know this not good but it does play thru the speakers.i love my dock in the car.i can even watch movies.lol
  8. Droid Newbie
    aaron silidker's Avatar
    Member #
    91395
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #7
    SWEET! Just found this link In-car Motorola Droid Install with Car Mount | Nick's Car Blog

    Confirms what you have all said...Seems too good to be true!
  9. Droid
    DroidX101's Avatar
    Member #
    88827
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    79
    Phone
    Droid X Hacked!!!
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron silidker View Post
    SWEET! Just found this link In-car Motorola Droid Install with Car Mount | Nick's Car Blog

    Confirms what you have all said...Seems too good to be true!
    Ill take a pic of mine tomorrow and post it...it's pretty kool!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Car dock phone audio for Droid X?-img_20100721_094408.jpg   Car dock phone audio for Droid X?-img_20100721_094322.jpg  
    Last edited by DroidX101; 07-21-2010 at 08:55 AM. Reason: added pics of car mount

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Dock Audio
    By RichStevenson in forum ChevyNo1
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-27-2010, 08:14 PM
  2. Audio dock?
    By KennyBerndt in forum Android Accessories
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-04-2010, 08:25 PM
  3. Droid dock: Lock phone while plugged in
    By dhinged in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-19-2010, 08:23 PM
  4. Dock Audio Adjustment? What is this?
    By mmcompute in forum Android Accessories
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-16-2010, 10:50 PM
  5. Multimedia dock charges but does not put phone into dock mode
    By warrenianbarr in forum Android Accessories
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-05-2010, 02:44 PM

Search tags for this page

car phone dock
,
car speakers for droid x
,
droid bionic car mount
,
droid x audio dock
,

droid x car dock

,
droid x car dock speakerphone
,
droid x car mount
,

droid x car speakers

,
droid x dock audio
,
droid x mount
,

droid x through car speakers

,
droid x vehicle dock
,
droid x2 car dock
,
motorola droid x car mount
,
motorola vehicle dock for droid x
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+