DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Ideas on Sales Numbers?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid X

Any Ideas on Sales Numbers?

I haven't read or seen anything about this other than the phone is tough to get or sold out in many locations. Based on the inventory levels I read at D-L.com, would it be safe to say Verizon sold less than 75,000 in the first weekend? Isn't that less than the original Droid?

What's weird is that it took me awhile to see other Droid owners walking around last year, but I have already seen several fellow DX owners, so maybe we have higher sales numbers.

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    The store I bought my DX from only had 70 of them to sell. I ended up getting the last one they had but I bought it on Friday the 16th ~4:30pm. The sales rep said that the online orders were already on backorder. The only other place I found that had them was a kiosk in the mall I was in, but they could only sell them to people who didn't already have a verizon account (So no upgrades at all, which sucked for them because they are on commission. They were irked when I walked back by their kiosk with a Verizon bag full of accessories and the new DX LOL).
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid X
    Don't blame you....their loss, your gain. My store only had 43 and they were all gone within the first 90 minutes.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by kpiskin View Post
    I haven't read or seen anything about this other than the phone is tough to get or sold out in many locations. Based on the inventory levels I read at D-L.com, would it be safe to say Verizon sold less than 75,000 in the first weekend? Isn't that less than the original Droid?

What's weird is that it took me awhile to see other Droid owners walking around last year, but I have already seen several fellow DX owners, so maybe we have higher sales numbers.
    My Store went through 60 in the first 2 hrs. (because that's how long it took to activate them).

they got more in (i think 10 more) on launch day and they were gone as welll.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    78 at my store and they were all gone in 2 hours, I was #58
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid X
    Anyone hear anything yet?
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Haven't heard anything yet, however, the VZW corporate rep. I live with sold 6 X's today via direct fulfill (having the phone shipped to the customer when it comes in stock)!

He says it's the most requested phone he's ever had since he started with Verizon (he's been there 1 year this month), even more than the original Droid or the Incredible. Pretty awesome imo.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I live in the middle of Pennsylvania and the warehouse that distributes to these corporate stores had 19,000 in stock to overnight to people the day of launch. No idea how many stores they operate to (I'm guessing it's sizable) but if one warehouse was holding on to 19 grand of them, multiplied by how many warehouses they have state side, maybe we could get a rough estimate?
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Probably 80-100k...

Will be interesting if these Droid 2 rumors pan out, but I just can't see them panning out...
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    395 times
    Phone
    HTC One M8
    You have to wonder if original droid owners are upgrading or keeping their phone. People are so used to seeing iphones sold and the numbers they sell. To me, the android phones don't seem to need to be upgraded as often and don't make people think they have to upgrade. Iphone users (me being a former one) seem to think the previous generation has to be upgraded. Its apples marketing strategy. I know several people that are still very happy with their droid. So when you see smaller sales numbers, it may be new customers or users with much older phones and not just getting the latest phone because they feel they have to.

Sent from my DroidX via Tapatalk (
    -------------------------------
    HTC One M8
    -------------------------------
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links