DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Droid X Battery Life

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Soon Droid X

Droid X Battery Life

Hey guys,

I got my Droid X yesterday and it seems that it has really low battery life. It was charged to 100% last night and after using it for around 10minutes I put it down and went to sleep. I woke up this morning and the battery is already at 70%. Do you know why the battery goes down so fast? Any methods to fix it?

What is a good app to keep track of battery life etc.?

Thank you!
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note (AT&T)
    Jira,

Apparently the indicator isn't correctly reading the charge level correctly. Some have had success by letting the phone drain until it turns itself off, which is in a way telling the phone where the "bottom" is. I believe this is one of the bugs that the 7/19 (Monday) fix .604 is supposed to address.
    Member #
    Phone
    MotoDroid, Droid Eris
    Quote Originally Posted by Jira View Post
    Hey guys,

I got my Droid X yesterday and it seems that it has really low battery life. It was charged to 100% last night and after using it for around 10minutes I put it down and went to sleep. I woke up this morning and the battery is already at 70%. Do you know why the battery goes down so fast? Any methods to fix it?

What is a good app to keep track of battery life etc.?

Thank you!
    You just bought it yesterday, you have to complete several cycles (charge and discharge) before you will have good battery life. Its something to do with the chemicals in it.
    Android Dev.

Motorola Droid X

Rooted HTC Eris 1.1 GHz OC, (tutorial on this speed soon)

Rooted MotoDroid 2.2
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2 - Rooted
    I have noticed this too. If I reboot the phone when its low, I get another 20% out of it. When I get new batts for any device I drain it and charge it a few times. I read someplace that it helps extend it by helping it remember its full limits or something. I have not done the update yet.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Soon Droid X
    How will i download the update on monday?

Also you said the battey indicator is not showing correctly but when i use the battery widget it displays the same low battery life. Should i try to complete a few charge cycles before ethinking about
    asking them to replace the battery?
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    This is what I did the first day I received my droid X.....it only came with like 30 percent power so I used the phone until it died....then fully charged it again.....then ran it until it died again....then fully charged it....and its been perfect in terms of maximizing the amount of battery life I can get out of it....coming from a Moto Q9m rooted.....Id say besides that keep an eye on your tasks your running and make sure you continue to kill apps your not using anymore.........I feel like im killing apps like once every few hours just to maximize my memory available and its proven well on the Q in extending battery life so hopefully on the X it will do the same.........and I didnt charge my phone last night at all...left it sitting on my desk with 20 percent when I woke up and unlocked it....it still said 20 percent and stayed there so I hope that helps =)
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Soon Droid X
    So, I guess I should try to kill the phone and charge it all the way back up for awhile then.

Also, is it bad to keep the phone plugged into the charger overnight? From what I hear from the Verizon rep. I was talking to, she said that it will make my phone die faster or something like that.. true or false?

Is the Droid X battery life really as good as the reports say it is because my battery life seems to be mediocre. Maybe it'll change when I follow the kill/charge to full for awhile method mentioned above.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    the htc incredible has this same issue. in order to get it fully charged you have to:

1. charge phone until led indicator turns green while phone is ON.
    2. unplug device, power phone off. Plug phone in. Charge until indicator turns green.
    3. Power on device. Unplug. Power off. Plug back in one last time until indicator turns green.
    4. ????
    5. profit.
    HTC Incredible - Rooted

RETIRED 5/27/10
    Moto DROID - Rooted
    SPRecovery 0.99.3
    Smoked Glass 6.0.1
    N1+DROID Boot Animation
    AdamZ Custom Kernel OC @ 1.1ghz
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Soon Droid X
    I dont think that method works for the Droid X...
  10. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    698 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Premium Member
    Same sort of issue here with me, first day I got it I used to at work till it turned itself off. Charged it up all the way took about 3 hours, then used it again until it just turned itself off. So going to see how it does after this charge, hope it gets better cause it should be able to last a day with heavy use. Other than the short battery life for now I love the phone, switching from Blackberry.
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Links