DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motorola's software screws up facebook contacts sync

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Motorola's software screws up facebook contacts sync

This is because of the Motorola Blur on the phone. I have both the original droid and the X. You can correctly download the Facebook app from the market on both but then that is where motorola screwed up.

On the original droid the regular app prompts you to sync all, existing, or none. The X overrides this option and automatically displays the inbox, sync interval timing, entirely skipping the contact sync.

Syncing Facebook contacts on the X requires you to go into Motorola blur's "my accounts" and select only their Facebook app. There it only downloads all of your contacts you have no choice. Also bet a lot of people don't realize it also starts the Motoblur social network app which you CAN NOT adjust, meaning there are no settings.

Motorla truly screwed up this section "My Accounts" because it counter acts with the official apps you can download straight from the market.

3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    I am having the same problem.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    we are all having the same issue and like someone said before its an "all or nothing" option.....you can delete your account off of Social networking app and in your contacts your just have your contacts but you wont be able to link it to facebook.........or you can link your facebook to moto blur social networking app have all your friends photos, profiles, and emails show up plus have alot more than you want.....my way around it is keeping the contacts app running with my google contacts displayed which is where all my phone numbers are works for me...I came to terms with there is nothing I can do unless the update changes it I hope mmmmm
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    X
    just download the facebook app from marketplace and dont sync with account with the phone, simple as that and it worked for me.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by DP1035 View Post
    just download the facebook app from marketplace and dont sync with account with the phone, simple as that and it worked for me.
    Correct however you either have all your facebook contacts sync or none at all. I'm sure there are plenty of people that want just their existing contacts to be synced and not all hundreds or however many you have from facebook.
    Last edited by OutGolfn; 07-18-2010 at 02:34 PM.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X - Liberty v1.5

Not True

No no no... Your going about it wrong... I too was frustrated with this change, until I realized what to do. In your list of Contacts, on the top left it says Contacts A-Z, below that it says Contacts: All Click on where it says ALL, a menu pops up and you then pick Google (should show your email address below it) that will make it so it ONLY shows your Google Contacts. Much like the Moto Droid. Problem SOLVED. No need to remove the Facebook account (which only then limited the phone) No need to look through a bunch of useless people to get to someone worth calling.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcstriker View Post
    No no no... Your going about it wrong... I too was frustrated with this change, until I realized what to do. In your list of Contacts, on the top left it says Contacts A-Z, below that it says Contacts: All Click on where it says ALL, a menu pops up and you then pick Google (should show your email address below it) that will make it so it ONLY shows your Google Contacts. Much like the Moto Droid. Problem SOLVED. No need to remove the Facebook account (which only then limited the phone) No need to look through a bunch of useless people to get to someone worth calling.
    This only works if you go directly through the Contacts "app". If you goto your Contacts via the Dialer, it still displays the universal phonebook with ALL contacts.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    But you still have the motorola social networking app syncing and doing the same thing the official facebook app is doing.

Just my opinion, but I think Motorola should of allowed a choice to sync your facebook contacts via just the official facebook app period end of story. Most people know it can be done via motorola's social network accounts but why have two apps doing the same thing?

Kinda like if you want your facebook contacts synced one or all then you have to use our motorola social networking software.
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Just got my X yesterday and I'm glad to find this thread which makes me realize it is all or nothing. My cry for help comes into play after syncing my contacts and only some allowing my contact name to be displayed the others the facebook name takes over. How do I make people like Mom say that vs her real name?
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Has Motorola addressed this issue at all? I'm getting my D2 Global in today and syncing Facebook with existing contacts only is something I'd really like to be able to do
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links