DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Droid X sync with Outlook

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Talking MyPhoneExplorer WORKS!

Thank God! A simple computer application which WORKS to sync Droid X to Outlook 2007!!!

This is the app that should have been shipped on the phone.

Download the computer app from FJ Software Development
    Download the phone app from Android Market
    Follow a few simple directions in both applications

et voila!

Don't forget to pay for the Freeware. It is SO worth it!

Thank you, Franz Josef Wechselberger! You're a genius!
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    My Phone Explorer just didn't work for me. I want my phone and Outlook to sync without any action required on my part. Companion Link is the only app I found that does that. It is free for 14 days. That allowed them sink the hook so deep I had to cough up the 40 bucks. Seriously though, I installed it a month ago and have since forgotten about it. I do nothing but am always synced.

If you don't mind manually connecting to sync, My Explorer does work well. I continued to use it to do WiFi file transfers until I discovered SAMBA File sharing.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by dcperi View Post
    Thank God! A simple computer application which WORKS to sync Droid X to Outlook 2007!!!

This is the app that should have been shipped on the phone.

Download the computer app from FJ Software Development
    Download the phone app from Android Market
    Follow a few simple directions in both applications

et voila!

Don't forget to pay for the Freeware. It is SO worth it!

Thank you, Franz Josef Wechselberger! You're a genius!
    I have installed the pc app, but it isnt finding the outlook folders. Ive changed the MPE option to use Outlook 2007, but dont see a way to browse to my outlook folder location. Do you know where this setting is? Or will I need to sync the phone to the MPE database, and then a 2nd step to sync to Outlook on the pc?

Thanks
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    File>Settings>Sync>Advanced

[quote=wmscottmc;1259310]
    Quote Originally Posted by dcperi View Post
    I have installed the pc app, but it isnt finding the outlook folders. Ive changed the MPE option to use Outlook 2007, but dont see a way to browse to my outlook folder location. Do you know where this setting is? Or will I need to sync the phone to the MPE database, and then a 2nd step to sync to Outlook on the pc?

Thanks
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid x
    i was a BB user and transitioned 6 months ago. i'm still feeling the pain and praying that google will stop torturing us and provide a conduit for MSOutlook. I cant convert my 2100+ contacts to google and leave them in the sky. I am using the .csv file to sync but it is painful. Clearly a step back in time....kind of like Fortran progamming.
    Oh and did I mention how it duplicates contacts when I sync after I have modified a contacts information? therefore you have to delete all contacts on your X before you resync. Oh did I mention that Google doesn't provide a means to delete all contacts? So I get a 3rd party "Contract Remover" which takes more than 10 minutes to delete 2100 contacts. then I export my Outlook file to a comma separated file and import it to Google. After I delete all of my Google Contacts to prevent duplicates. I'm exhausted thinking of it.....you get the message.
    Patiently waiting but getting tired.
    Oh and did I mention that the Droid X rules the www? I talk to it and it finds anything i want.
    Oh and did I mention that talk to text is the greatest.
    Thanks for all the help my Android Friends.....we are in this together.
    Last edited by Bayou Broker; 02-07-2011 at 07:35 PM.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Companion Link was the best solution for me. The only pain I have now was the $40.00.

You can use Google's Business App. It is a paid service but you can fool Google into thinking you have an exchange account. You'll have to Google to find this solution.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    I feel your pain. I miss palm desktop and the Treo. My contacts had duplicated to 8500 from 1400. I found the google duplicate remover chokes so I remove by searching on a few letters then the visible dupes spot checking the data. I going to move to the iPhone cause the apps(contacts, calendar, etc) are cohesive with each other, the phone and my mac and (
    strangely my pc(outlook syncing which works).

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    I was freaking out about this one myself. A buddy turned me on to a Google app that worked.

Getting started with Google Calendar Sync - Google Calendar Help
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by pennbiker View Post
    I was freaking out about this one myself. A buddy turned me on to a Google app that worked.

Great App but does Calendar ONLY.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X

Push Outlook 2007 emails to DroidX w/o app

Quote Originally Posted by schneid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pennbiker View Post

Great App but does Calendar ONLY.
    I was in the same boat, wanting more than just a calendar sync. Wanted calendar, contacts and email. Adding hotmail was a snap (even though I am using outlook connector), but couldn't find any setting to forward work email (POP, non exchange server) to my X. Tried Sync2 for Outlook (trial version) and after a bit of tech help, finally realized that the cnet article that stated "Sync Outlook calendar, contacts, email, tasks, notes and Outlook journal between multiple computers without Microsoft Exchange server" did not include mobile devices. Arghh!

Read more: Sync2 for Outlook - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com Sync2 for Outlook - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

Ticked, but not defeated, I've found a work around as I created a rule to file incoming work emails from known senders to my hotmail acct in Outlook 2007 (different folder) which syncs with my X. Not a perfect fix, but gets most of the emails I need from co-workers, boss etc.. so I don't miss them during the work day. As I receive more emails from customers, I can add their addresses to push them to my hotmail and on to my X. I'll probably keep the Sync2 app to keep my calendars and contacts synced. My requirements are as such that I won't pony up the $50 @ yr for the Premier service, but this seems to work for me. A couple of bugs I'm trying to troubleshoot is that Outlook needs to be running on a host computer to accomplish the email push and the date generated for the emails is Dec. 31, 1969, which puts the new mail at the bottom of the list on my Droid X. I do get notified that I have new mail, just have to scroll to the bottom to view. Great forum, hope this helps save someone grief and $.
    Last edited by desertrat28; 04-05-2011 at 08:38 AM.
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Links