DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodbye to Sirius?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Goodbye to Sirius?

Well, since I got this Droid X and started messing around with it, I have an idea. I bought the car dock today after messing with (and signing up for) Pandora a litttle bit. I have a lot left to learn about it (both the droid and pandora), but I'm starting to think I can get rid of my Sirius radio (and subscription) and use the Droid with either MP3's or Pandora. The only thing that I'd really be missing would be Howard Stern.....and he's talking about leaving soon anyway. Does anyone use Pandora exclusively in their cars? Anyone have any good Pandora tips or stations?

Let me know and thanks,

Warner
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I did the same thing when I got my Droid....the only thing I miss now is Howard Stern...
  3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    I've had XM since it launched....Still see no reason to get rid of it...
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I used to use Pandora. Just ended up putting all of my music on the SD card, haha. Search for the app Slacker Radio as well. I personally think that Slacker is better than Pandora. However, there are ways to work around the song-skip limit in Pandora. I think using the Droid in the car is much better than local/satellite radio. All I can tell you is make sure you have a charger handy. I don't know about the Droid X's battery life, but I know Pandora can suck juice like using a straw in a shot glass (Was that funny? I'm not sure).
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by kepley View Post
    I used to use Pandora. Just ended up putting all of my music on the SD card, haha. Search for the app Slacker Radio as well. I personally think that Slacker is better than Pandora. However, there are ways to work around the song-skip limit in Pandora. I think using the Droid in the car is much better than local/satellite radio. All I can tell you is make sure you have a charger handy. I don't know about the Droid X's battery life, but I know Pandora can suck juice like using a straw in a shot glass (Was that funny? I'm not sure).
    I bought a USB cable today that plugs into my lighter adapter and into the car dock, so my X is actually charging while it's docked. And the other nice thing in this configuration is that the screen doesn't blank out, either. SO, how to you get past the 6 per hour skip limit with Pandora?

Warner
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Warner View Post
    I bought a USB cable today that plugs into my lighter adapter and into the car dock, so my X is actually charging while it's docked. And the other nice thing in this configuration is that the screen doesn't blank out, either. SO, how to you get past the 6 per hour skip limit with Pandora?
    Warner
    I just switch to a different station and then switch back to the station that I actually want to listen to. Wouldn't recommend it while driving though, haha.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by kepley View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Warner View Post
    Warner
    I just switch to a different station and then switch back to the station that I actually want to listen to. Wouldn't recommend it while driving though, haha.
    That's what I thought you were going to say. Haha. Thanks.

Warner
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    plenty of radio streams via Xiia also
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DX
    Xiialive beta if you want to listen to Howard Stern. I also use pro launcher for landscape mode on home screen with live wallpaper waveform. Looks awwsome with the window mount wich I dont have for DX yet. Also I bought a stereo that has bluetooth audio, so no wires
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    VZW GS3
    Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    I've had XM since it launched....Still see no reason to get rid of it...
    Same here. Actually Sirius first for me and I also think Sirius launched before XM? Also, what is the fascination with Stern? I listened a few years back but I think he's jumped the shark nowadays...
    Erik
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Links