DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: DX will be my first Android

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

DX will be my first Android

Hey guys I just signed up as I am possibly getting my DX tomorrow. It's only possibly because Best Buy said that tomorrow is the last chance for people who pre-ordered their DXs to pick their's up and if they don't, they will give me a call.

Anyway, I was originally going to get the HTC Incredible because I hated the dull look of the homepage on the DX and absolutely loved the home screen on the Incredible. After doing some research, I found out that I can download "Beautiful Widgets" and make it look as much as the Incredible as possible.

So I have some questions that I would greatly appreciate answers to.

From my research, it seems like FB is heavily integrated with the Incredible, which I like, but when I researched the DX, I read/watched very little of it. Is it well integrated into the DX as well?

Continuing on from that, will my contacts be synced to their facebook accounts so I have all of their pictures? That would be nice.

Also, does the DX serve as a GPS? I know there is VZ Navigator, but I also know the DX comes with a GPS system? Do i need VZ Navigator to use that? If not, then whats the point of VZ Navigator?

Thanks so much. I'm upgrading from an LG Dare so this is big for me!

EDIT: Oh! Also one more question I forgot. Is it possible to hook a Hotmail account into the Email app of this phone? That is the one my University uses.

Thanks again!
    Last edited by sd922; 07-16-2010 at 07:33 PM.

3. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Premium Member
    Yes, if you sign into the facebook app, all contacts and pictures will be synced. You can even check a setting in the contacts app that will only show contacts with numbers.

Also, all Android phone come with Google Maps w/ Navigation, so it can serve as a GPS too.

You will also enjoy you new Android handset and this community a lot. Glad to have you here!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    -----------------------------------
    Rom: CyanogenMod 7 Winner00's Nightly #85
    Recovery: ClockworkMod 3.1.0.2
    Kernel: Prime's deprimed_test
    Theme: Stock
    Launcher: ADW EX 1.2.2
    Launcher Theme: Gingerbread
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/ihaztehwingz

-----------------------------------
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    I'm in the same boat, this is my first Android phone. After two days so far everything is great, I've been very impressed. The number of apps available is outstanding. It's a computer that oh by the way has a built in phone (and gps, compass, etc.).
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Thanks guys. Hopefully I don't run into these Contact problems that so many are supposedly encountering.

Links