Mods, sorry if this is redundant, im sure it is but i went back 5 or 6 pages and found nothing.
The size was always a concern for me, but i was going to give it a chance and see if i can get used to it.
But the main reason i was going to force myself to give it a shot wasnt so much the specs, it was the attention i expected it to get from developers! I am attracted to the community built around the original DROID.
I dont even know what Root or Rom means, but i am very technical and work in mobile software development, so im sure eventually id get my fingers into it.
But with that possibility out the window due to being locked down, i believe i will stick with the dInc and just hope it eventually gets Froyo. dInc + Froyo will be fine for me for some time, i am sure. Im going to consider a 1yr contract for this phone.
By then, im sure there will be a newer phone i can jump into hehe.
The good news is, i think the delay on dInc orders are getting better! Site says about 2 weeks now. Sweet!