DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Which version of exchange will work on the X

  1. Premium Member
    plumcrazy's Avatar
    Member #
    86499
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NNJ
    Posts
    135
    Phone
    Droid X
    Premium Member
    #1

    Which version of exchange will work on the X

    i searched but didnt see anything on this.

    New to droid, new to exchange servers (i usually use pop accounts)

    I sent the IT guy an email asking if its possible to run this phone on our server as I did have issues with VZW and a treo700 a few years ago.

    his reply:
    We are running Exchange2003, as we don't have 64bit servers (yet).
    What I call the current version is 2007 (I believe 2010 is out, but not tested properly). In our case (32bit), 2003 would be the equivalent version to 2007.

    There is support for mobile devices, but I may have to convince the powers that we need to purchase digital certificate subscriptions.
    is this enough server info for a solid answer ? will a droid X on VZW work with this type of exchange server ?
  2. Senior Droid
    Warner's Avatar
    Member #
    77955
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Chicago area, IL
    Posts
    106
    Phone
    Droid X
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by plumcrazy View Post
    i searched but didnt see anything on this.

    New to droid, new to exchange servers (i usually use pop accounts)

    I sent the IT guy an email asking if its possible to run this phone on our server as I did have issues with VZW and a treo700 a few years ago.

    his reply:
    We are running Exchange2003, as we don't have 64bit servers (yet).
    What I call the current version is 2007 (I believe 2010 is out, but not tested properly). In our case (32bit), 2003 would be the equivalent version to 2007.

    There is support for mobile devices, but I may have to convince the powers that we need to purchase digital certificate subscriptions.
    is this enough server info for a solid answer ? will a droid X on VZW work with this type of exchange server ?
    We run 2003, but also have a front end (or OWA - Outlook Web Access) Server. I believe you'll need the OWA server to work with the phone. The cert for OWA isn't big money....Do you have remote users that access e-mail?

    Warner
  3. Rescue Squad
    titans's Avatar
    Member #
    11378
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,668
    Twitter
    @titans_df
    Phone
    Incredible
    Premium Member
  4. Senior Droid
    rolandct's Avatar
    Member #
    81340
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    106
    Phone
    DX
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by plumcrazy View Post
    i searched but didnt see anything on this.

    New to droid, new to exchange servers (i usually use pop accounts)

    I sent the IT guy an email asking if its possible to run this phone on our server as I did have issues with VZW and a treo700 a few years ago.

    his reply:
    We are running Exchange2003, as we don't have 64bit servers (yet).
    What I call the current version is 2007 (I believe 2010 is out, but not tested properly). In our case (32bit), 2003 would be the equivalent version to 2007.

    There is support for mobile devices, but I may have to convince the powers that we need to purchase digital certificate subscriptions.
    is this enough server info for a solid answer ? will a droid X on VZW work with this type of exchange server ?
    This phone utilizes ActiveSync (essentially just with a different interface) which is what WinMo uses. So this phone will sync with Echange 2007 fine. I have a DInc user who does so now with no problems. However if your Exchange admin uses certain security policies you may run into a problem if they are enforced (they have the option to enable then, but not require then for a connection). If you run into a policy problem then when the phone gets Android 2.2 next month supposedly this issue is going to be addressed with the upgrade.
    If you have iPhone users at your company syncing with ActiveSync/Exchange then chances are they are either not using these policies or they are not enforcing them if they are in place.
  5. Premium Member
    plumcrazy's Avatar
    Member #
    86499
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NNJ
    Posts
    135
    Phone
    Droid X
    Premium Member
    #5
    rolandct, there are a few iphone users on it now and working fine. so is it safe to assume i can use the X after some security adjusting ?

    titans, thanx for the link. will be there shortly
  6. Senior Droid
    rolandct's Avatar
    Member #
    81340
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    106
    Phone
    DX
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by plumcrazy View Post
    rolandct, there are a few iphone users on it now and working fine. so is it safe to assume i can use the X after some security adjusting ?

    titans, thanx for the link. will be there shortly
    The X should work fine then, I am an admin for Exchange among other things and if iPhones can work than DX should be able to as well. If not immediately (though it should) then definitely with 2.2.
    Personally I am getting a DX this week and dumping WinMo and know it'll work with our policies on our Exchange 2007 server. That doesn't even include my ability to change them.

    Edit: If you are running 2003 (which I missed) there are very few security policy options, so less chance of a problem.
    Last edited by rolandct; 07-12-2010 at 09:29 AM.
  7. Premium Member
    plumcrazy's Avatar
    Member #
    86499
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NNJ
    Posts
    135
    Phone
    Droid X
    Premium Member
    #7
    thanx roland, i hope so and i'll see what he says.
  8. Senior Droid
    Warner's Avatar
    Member #
    77955
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Chicago area, IL
    Posts
    106
    Phone
    Droid X
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by rolandct View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by plumcrazy View Post
    rolandct, there are a few iphone users on it now and working fine. so is it safe to assume i can use the X after some security adjusting ?

    titans, thanx for the link. will be there shortly
    The X should work fine then, I am an admin for Exchange among other things and if iPhones can work than DX should be able to as well. If not immediately (though it should) then definitely with 2.2.
    Personally I am getting a DX this week and dumping WinMo and know it'll work with our policies on our Exchange 2007 server. That doesn't even include my ability to change them.

    Edit: If you are running 2003 (which I missed) there are very few security policy options, so less chance of a problem.
    I am also the Exchange (2003 for now) admin here and we have a remote sales force that uses Windows Mobile devices to connect to Exchange using ActiveSync. I have configured everything from Blackberries to most recently, a Droid Incredible using the same Activesync settings without any issues. It should work fine. I'll tell you for sure on Thursday when I set my Droid X up......

    Warner
  9. Droid
    astronaut's Avatar
    Member #
    17393
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Knoxville
    Posts
    64
    Phone
    Droid
    #9
    If you run into trouble using the basic Exchange app on your phone then I suggest you try TouchDown. It is a paid app in the Market but they have a free version you can try first. I have found that it can connect when the basic app cannot and it has some very nice features. Well worth the money in my opinion.
  10. Junior Droid
    mflynn's Avatar
    Member #
    87177
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    18
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #10
    I use touchdown by nitrodesk, I would assume this will work on the DX. It supports all the encryption policies a company may have, exchange 2003, and 2007 along with active sync.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. If I use Gmail and my exchange mail from work
    By sillyrabbitt123 in forum HTC Droid Incredible
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-05-2010, 02:10 PM
  2. my work website does not work on droid
    By k3ith29 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-11-2010, 05:03 PM
  3. Exchange ActiveSync won't work
    By 5601js in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-22-2009, 09:23 PM
  4. How Does Droidís Exchange Connector Work?
    By mharen in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-01-2009, 02:37 PM
  5. Work with Exchange
    By denfil in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-06-2009, 11:51 AM

Search tags for this page

android the device does not support this server version

,
droid bionic device does not support this server version
,
droid device does not support this server version
,
droidx this device does not support this server version
,
exchange 2003 android the device does not support this serve
,
motorola atrix this device does not support this server vers
,
motorola droid 4 error this device does not support this ser
,

the device does not support this server version

,

the device does not support this server version droid

,
the device does not support this server version droid exchan
,
the device does not support this server version exchange 200
,
the device does not support this server version for motorola
,
the device does not support this server version. please cont
,

this device does not support this server version

,
this device does not support this server version droid
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+