DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pre Order

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

Pre Order

I sold my droid in order to get the droid x. I am elegible for an upgrade now. I only want to sign a 1 year contract contract though, so I can't pre order at best buy. Is there anywhere where I can reserve a droid x for launch day? If not, what is my best option to get one?
    Thanks

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by lcl1127 View Post
    I sold my droid in order to get the droid x. I am elegible for an upgrade now. I only want to sign a 1 year contract contract though, so I can't pre order at best buy. Is there anywhere where I can reserve a droid x for launch day? If not, what is my best option to get one?
    Thanks
    Go to or call you local store and see what time they open. mine Opens at 8am i have a couple (hopefully) waiting for me. I know how many they have so it shouldn't be a problem for me. .

If you can't get there when they open, i'm sure they won't run out for long and other stores will have them....
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Order online or make an appt with your local store. I had to go to a corporate store instead of the retailer as the retailer didn't have the Droid on release day. If you order online it should be there the next day. If you make the appt you can get in the door early enough to make sure you get one.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Preordered yesterday at best buy in memphis tn. the girls said they will call me monday or tuesday to come pick it up. cant wait.
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by goldsquare View Post
    Preordered yesterday at best buy in memphis tn. the girls said they will call me monday or tuesday to come pick it up. cant wait.
    She said you could pick it up Mon or Tues? It doesn't get released until Thursday, so are you sure she didn't mean they would call you on Mon or Tues to set up an appointment time for Thursday?
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Maybe but i know the a guy that works there too. lol But wont have time to go til wed after work.
  8. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Just because I notice these type of things I thought I'd search and see how many pre order threads there were.

Pre-Order Wait

Funky pre-order story?

Pre-order experience and DX size

no in store pre-order

Best buy stopping pre-orders?

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...-customer.html
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Since my other thread was closed (my bad, mods), I'll go ahead and add to this one...hope to help consolidate all the questions about pre-order.

My question/comment was and wasn't about pre-ordering. I can understand why VZW as a whole isn't taking pre-orders for the X due to the Incredible debacle. My concern regards online ordering...

What if someone wants to order their X online, like myself, thus sort of bypassing the rebate process? Will we have to wait till launch day to order online then wait an extra day to get the phone in-hand? Or might Verizon be generous and open the web site to online orders only on 7/14 which would allow for those folks that order online to get their's on launch day?

Maybe I'm just anxious/over-excited/whatever...I just remember Verizon did something like that for the Dare (which I currently have); they opened up the online orders a week prior to the in-store launch.

But the bigger thing is the rebate portion. Why pay $100 extra in-store then wait 2 months to get that $100 back on a gift card, when I could just go to the web site and have that $100 taken off to begin with in the instant online discount? In other words, if you go in-store and get the phone on a 2-year contract, you'll pay $299 (sans any NE2 discounts). Then you send in the receipts and all that, wait a couple months, and get $100 back in the form of a gift card. Whereas, if you go online, you order it and pay $199 for it right off the bat...that is, assuming it'll have the instant online discount just like every other phone listed.

I'm not a rebate person. If they're giving me the money back anyway, why not just do it up front? Eh...whichever. If waiting an extra day saves me $100, so be it.

There'd still be a ton of people that want to physically handle the phone and buy it that way instead of online.
  10. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IIGood View Post
    Since my other thread was closed (my bad, mods), I'll go ahead and add to this one...hope to help consolidate all the questions about pre-order.

My question/comment was and wasn't about pre-ordering. I can understand why VZW as a whole isn't taking pre-orders for the X due to the Incredible debacle. My concern regards online ordering...

What if someone wants to order their X online, like myself, thus sort of bypassing the rebate process? Will we have to wait till launch day to order online then wait an extra day to get the phone in-hand? Or might Verizon be generous and open the web site to online orders only on 7/14 which would allow for those folks that order online to get their's on launch day?

Maybe I'm just anxious/over-excited/whatever...I just remember Verizon did something like that for the Dare (which I currently have); they opened up the online orders a week prior to the in-store launch.

But the bigger thing is the rebate portion. Why pay $100 extra in-store then wait 2 months to get that $100 back on a gift card, when I could just go to the web site and have that $100 taken off to begin with in the instant online discount? In other words, if you go in-store and get the phone on a 2-year contract, you'll pay $299 (sans any NE2 discounts). Then you send in the receipts and all that, wait a couple months, and get $100 back in the form of a gift card. Whereas, if you go online, you order it and pay $199 for it right off the bat...that is, assuming it'll have the instant online discount just like every other phone listed.

I'm not a rebate person. If they're giving me the money back anyway, why not just do it up front? Eh...whichever. If waiting an extra day saves me $100, so be it.

There'd still be a ton of people that want to physically handle the phone and buy it that way instead of online.
    I'd buy on line...but....

I don't think that they do the instant rebate thing anymore. I think you got to get the rebate forms, cut the UPC off and mail it in for a Visa Gift card.

Then you turn around when you get your Visa Gift card and pay your bill with it over the phone.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Rep I spoke to today says buying it online avoids the mail in rebate, like it always has.

I called to confirm it while I asked about an upgrade question I had.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links