DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Droid X Review [Engadget]

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Droid X Review [Engadget]

For your viewing pleasure!

Motorola Droid X review -- Engadget
    OG Droid w/ Pete's GPA16 w/ stock Kernel using auto OC script. (retired)

LG G2X w/ rooted 2.3.3 leak.

It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.
  2. DF News Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto DROID !!!
    Premium Member
    thanks for the link.

quickly read through it. seems like engadget doesn't like the new Blur too much. not that it's intrusive, but they feel that the third-party apps do a better job than Blur itself.

they did say that it's easily ignorable, which is good. but they said they like Sense better... ugh.

and aside from some camera issues, they were very impressed with the hardware.

wonder if it'll sway some of the engadget editors toward Android once and for all.
    GTalk: mabramson1@gmail.com
    twitter: @m_abramson
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by wuyanks View Post
    thanks for the link.

quickly read through it. seems like engadget doesn't like the new Blur too much. not that it's intrusive, but they feel that the third-party apps do a better job than Blur itself.

they did say that it's easily ignorable, which is good. but they said they like Sense better... ugh.

and aside from some camera issues, they were very impressed with the hardware.

wonder if it'll sway some of the engadget editors toward Android once and for all.
    Well seeing that Engadget has become the Apple Blog and Gizmodo has become the Apple Hating Blog (wonder why?) but seriously it would be nice to see Engadget actually give credit where credit is due come future releases of Android OS as well as high end (quality) Android phones.

It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Its funny Engadget says iPhone is best smartphone to date, but the device is plauged with issues (reception issues due to antenna issue, screen yellowing, exchange issues, and proximity sensor issues) But its labled as the greatest phone! And they do not perfer moto's new blur.. so it just gets a Ok review.. Give me a break. These tech blogs need to get off the bias koolaid that is apple.
    "Harley Davidson - The Perfect Machine to Turn Gasoline into Noise Without the Pesky Bi-Product of Horsepower!"
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    146 times
    Phone
    Moto LS355
    good video. i didnt see much UI lag as people were saying. and the pinch zoom and the browser looks like it works great!
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Its funny Engadget says iPhone is best smartphone to date, but the device is plauged with issues (reception issues due to antenna issue, screen yellowing, exchange issues, and proximity sensor issues) But its labled as the greatest phone! And they do not perfer moto's new blur.. so it just gets a Ok review.. Give me a break. These tech blogs need to get off the bias koolaid that is apple.
    They can't stop drinking the kool-aid because if they did Apple would stop talking to them just like they did with Gizmodo. Don't know if you have noticed but if you bad mouth Apple in any way, shape ore form they balckball you INSTANTLY.

7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx HD
    I thought the review was quite good and fair. Engadget is huge with Android info and Chris Ziegler knows his stuff. I don't see the Apple fanboy angle. I tried a new iPhone this morning for a couple minutes. It's simply more refined than anything else.

Froyo+DX FTW!
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx HD
    Holy cow! Check out the pinch zoom/pan browsing near the end of the video. Really nice.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    moto droid X!
    I've seen a few vids im not sure if its this specific one but one of the video reviewers mentioned how they did NOT like that blur widgets and android widgets was in a seperate category and they prefered for it to be grouped all together......

I think that has to be one of the stupidest things to NOT like. It makes finding what you want easier, and doesnt add any EXTRA clicks/steps. Also because the blur widgets will not work on any other home replacements its even easier to find what you want because sometimes you might be looking for one app in a huge list of apps and not realize its not even there...

>_> I want the phone so I can be my own critic....
  10. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    338 times
    Twitter
    garemlin
    Phone
    LG G2 - Nexus 7 v2
    Premium Member
    I didn't get to read the whole thing. But one thing I noticed while reading about the display is that it is actually thinner and taller than the EVO. I thought it was just the phone itself but the actual screen is to. I think they said 16:9 vs 15:9 ratio.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links