DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Incredible vs. X

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Incredible vs. X

I'm on the fence about this, and would like to know the general consensus. I am using an old school Samsung smartphone from back in 2007, and have never had anything else in terms of a smartphone. I was planning on getting the Incredible until I read about the X. I tested the Incredible in store, and its pretty cool. If there is a test model in store, I'll try to check out the X as well. Obviously, each person has different needs that certain phones can meet better than others.

Which phone has (or is expected to have) a stronger multi-media factor (music, video playback, etc.)?

Which is considered smoother, blur or sense?

Which phone has more power in terms of speed, multitasking, etc.?

What do people who own the Incredible dislike about it?
  2. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Twitter
    @titans_df
    Phone
    Incredible
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lodestar View Post
    I'm on the fence about this, and would like to know the general consensus. I am using an old school Samsung smartphone from back in 2007, and have never had anything else in terms of a smartphone. I was planning on getting the Incredible until I read about the X. I tested the Incredible in store, and its pretty cool. If there is a test model in store, I'll try to check out the X as well. Obviously, each person has different needs that certain phones can meet better than others.

Which phone has (or is expected to have) a stronger multi-media factor (music, video playback, etc.)?

With a little research in using google/reading the Incredible forums here and places like androidforums.com or androidcentral.com, you will be able to answer all of your questions and more.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    i have the Inc. and was considering selling it on ebay to get the X

i have since rethought my decision. Unless the X is ground breaking and game changing, ill probably keep my Inc.

The only thing i dont really like about the incredible is the battery life. Its not horrible, but it aint great either.

I would say, if you can wait, wait for the X to come out and see the reviews and make your decision then.
  4. Johnly
    Quote Originally Posted by titans View Post

With a little research in using google/reading the Incredible forums here and places like androidforums.com or androidcentral.com, you will be able to answer all of your questions and more.
    nuff said.....
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Thank you, barbee, your opinion on my questions is helpful. As for the other two, I'm actually familiar with google and this website, but thanks for pointing them out, that was very clever. Nuff said? Also very useful and informative, if you're a comic book character. Telling people to look it up on google can actually be used on any post, on any forum website, on any topic, for any question, with the exact same resulting usefulness. If I was satisfied with my google search, I wouldn't be here.
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    i'm on the fence about this, and would like to know the general consensus. I am using an old school samsung smartphone from back in 2007, and have never had anything else in terms of a smartphone. I was planning on getting the incredible until i read about the x. I tested the incredible in store, and its pretty cool. If there is a test model in store, i'll try to check out the x as well. Obviously, each person has different needs that certain phones can meet better than others.

The X

which is considered smoother, blur or sense?

Sense. Although its still being debated if the X actually has Blur on it. It may have Blur-ish things, either way its either not Blur or not the Blur from before.

which phone has more power in terms of speed, multitasking, etc.?

The X

what do people who own the incredible dislike about it?

I dont own it so I cant say. I hear battery life mainly, maybe reception. Some of these things are debatable. But the X has the technology for either the same or better battery life than the Droid for a phone its size.
    ten characters n stuff
    Last edited by jroc; 06-26-2010 at 12:07 PM.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by barbee View Post
    Unless the X is ground breaking and game changing, ill probably keep my Inc.

The X is not ground breaking or game changing compared to the Incredible. I'd argue it's slightly better but if I already had an Incredible I'd probably stick with it and wait.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    the x is better than the incredible in every way (cept phone size and blur vs sense that's all preference)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    i actually own both phones. My wife has the X and i have the incredible. At first i was jealous , but after a few weeks using her phone, i can say that the incredible is a better device. Aside from the screen size there is nothing better with the X. And to be perfectly honest, the larger screen to me is actually less desirable. I want a phone, not a freaking tablet PC in my pocket.

I will try and break down the differences that I have noticed.

The X uses 1 ghz TI CPU and the Incredible uses the Snapdragon. I don't know how or why, but the incredible is NOTICEABLY faster. I don't know if its the snapdragon CPU or the HTC Sense UI, but all animations, scrolling, everything loads faster and smoother on the Incredible. Dont get me wrong, the X is still fast, but if we are going to compare, the incredible is faster.

They both have 8gb internal memory, the X comes with a 16gb microSD and the incredible did not. Not a deal breaker in my opinion, but who knows. I had a 32GB microSD with my old BB storm so i just used that.

Same camera on both phones, pics look the same when copying them to a PC.

Now on to the screen, The X screen IS bigger, like.. alot bigger. Watching videos on it is nice. But when compared to the Incredible Amoled screen, its dark, faded and not as clear. The screen on the incredible is superior as far as I am concerned. The colors pop, the screen surface is smooth, shiny, and has a very high quality feel to it. When you push on the X screen, the TFT becomes apparent. If you push a little too hard on it, it distorts the screen in that area. I dont know if its bad plastic or what, but it shouldn't flex like that. I am not talking a HARD push either. Go to a verizon store and see what i mean, if you push a little harder than normal, it distorts under your finger. The incredible screen is made of glass or something very hard, It feels solid under your finger.

Battery life is about the same, the X has a larger batter capacity, but doesn't seem to last much longer than the incredible. Some days my wife has to charge hers before mine, other days I am the first to go dead. It just depends on usage, and the 2 are almost identical.

Size.. wow the X is big, my incredible fits nicely in my pocket even with a wrap around rubber case, my wife has a similar case, and holy crap, its like shoving a tablet PC into my pocket. I dont feel comfortable with it in my back pocket at all, and i am afraid to sit down in fear i might break the screen. In my opinion the size of the device is just to much. It makes it impracticable.

My overall opinion is that the incredible is the better device, both in performance and practicality. People may disagree with the size of the X being a hindrance, but i prefer a small sleek device to a bulky one. The speed of the X is noticeably slower than the incredible. It comes in the form of screen stutters when scrolling apps and windows, to taking slightly more time to install apps and load internet pages. The speed is still acceptable and is faster than almost all other devices out there, but when compared directly to the incredible, I have to say that the incredible wins hands down.

I hope my opinions were useful. good luck go to the store and compare them side by side and make a decision based on that, its the only real way to compare them.
    Last edited by msticlaru; 07-21-2010 at 01:40 PM.
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by wonsae View Post
    the x is better than the incredible in every way (cept phone size and blur vs sense that's all preference)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Im sorry, I do not usually comment on posts like this, but do you have any experience at all on either phone? Even when comparing specs only without any hands on usage, they are are almost exactly the same. To say that one is better in every way is completely... wrong. you say "cept phone size and blur vs sense", but most all other specs are the same. main differences, type of CPU, micro USB vs Micro hdmi, and battery size.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links