DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Incredible vs. X

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I have both the Incredible and the X, though I deactivated the Incredible to activate the X so can't do a side-by-side comparison.

I am afraid I have to agree with most of what MSTICLARU described.

I also believe that the photos on the Incredible are better in terms of sharpness than that of the X. Whether that is due to more in-camera processing or not, I do not know, but the delivered product from the Incredible is much sharper.

In support of the X, though, call quality is leaps and bounds much better than the Incredible, the MotoDROID, my LG Versa and a host of others.

In addition, the X supports voice dialing via my Jawbone BT headset out of the box.

These last two - call quality and BT voice dialing support - are the primary reasons I am still debating which I keep and which I sell/return.
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    Well, now that I actually have the X, heres my take:

Sense UI is better than the UI on the X. Stock vs stock, Sense UI scrolling is smoother than on the X. The unlock screen stutters on the X. But, the Inc. uses a custom unlock screen, the X uses vanilla android 2.1. Thats one thing to keep in mind.

The external speaker may be louder on the Inc. My Droid's is louder than the X. Although games, music comes out fine.

If u wanna know how fast the 2 cpu's are, get HR Battle 3D, Google maps and start both to see. That can give u a good test. Run Quadrant and see how long it processes the first test. Load some big apps on both to get a good test

Battery life....check posts from former Inc and EVO users, maybe Droid users too. The battery life is still getting praises. There is a battery bug affecting some ppl where u have to reboot or remove the battery to see the actual battery life on the phone.

There was an OTA update recently that fixed some issues, gave ppl even better battery life, made the phone even faster, snappier. It also made things worse for some ppl....the nature of updates...lol

Size in pockets are no issue. If u have normal size pockets it will fit fine. There were times I forgot I had it in my pocket, and I was sitting a few of those times.

Size using it to one hand dial and type is no issue. And I have average size hands. I mention one handed use cuz for some reason ppl bring that up. Most of the time I use 2 hands on my lil ole orig Droid: left hand to hold phone, right hand to dial, type. lol

Only thing I see thats difficult to do one handed is swipe the notification bar down n up. I saw someone mention it being hard to use the X one handed in landscape mode...cmon ppl....lol

I try not to get into the whole Amoled vs. LCD thing, but I cant see Amoled being sharper. "Vibrant," colors that pop, yea I can see that. Sharper, I cant see it. (I quoted vibrant cuz the vibrancy is over satuation. What happens with Amoled screens is u lose detail. U lose details on Super Amoled too. Both screens have their pros and cons. Me, imma details man so I will pick LCD until Amoled gets sharper.) Screens will be a preference like the UI.

The camera....out the box, the X takes sharper close ups, the Inc sharper normal, wide shots. The X has more accurate colors. Change settings on both phones and they are both too close to really say which is better.

X has better reception. I get better reception on the X than on my Droid running Froyo's baseband, which gave me better reception than my Droid when it was running 2.1 Its kinda known the Droid had better reception than the Inc. (yea debatable but whatever...lol) Former Inc and EVO users say the X has better reception than their previous phones. The X having better reception than the Droid is very good.

Noise cancellation mics help for clearer calls.

The X has hardware advantages over the Inc, the Inc has software advantages over the X. Both phones are very similar. In the end it depends on what u want: better hardware or better software.

And like titan said, these places www.androidforums.com or www.androidcentral.com can give u a good idea from former Inc and EVO users. Yea former, cuz some ppl using the Inc and EVO actually switched and are happy they did.
    Last edited by jroc; 07-21-2010 at 02:50 PM.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    @jbjtkbw00
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I gotta tell ya, I'm right there with CCMDOc and jroc.

I own both and have both active. I have even gone ahead and done the software update on the X to make sure it was a fair comparison. What I've noticed:

The X isn't nearly as smooth operationally, in my experience, as the Incredible. That phone was just so fluid in everything. I've had the X for 2 days and I"m seeing freezes, lags in moving from point A to point B, and it's rebooted 3 times on its own already.

Call quality on the X is better by far, however, I can't always initiate a call. For example, today, I tried to dial a regular call. Typed in the number and pressed the phone icon. It literally was 7 minutes before the call initiated. WTF?!?!?!? Never had that issue on the Incredible.

DX looks fantastic and that screen size rocks. I got my @$$ off of the desktop and sat in the living room reading websites on my phone while watching tv. I tried to do this often on the DInc, but the screensize hampered that long term.

The Sense UI actually was kinda fly. I liked it. I hated it at first until I got on the DX. I actually miss it to tell the truth. There were some niceties to it and you'd need to use it to understand.

I won't regurgitate more due to what was detailed by these two, but it's different and each has their advantages and disadvantages. I'm going to be using both for a few weeks until I can determine what I want as my main device.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    ^ There's obviously something wrong with your phone, or you're exaggerating.

Most reviews that I've read have said that the phone is pretty snappy and smooth. Maybe not as great as the Incredible, but nothing like you're claiming.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    @jbjtkbw00
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by trebb View Post
    ^ There's obviously something wrong with your phone, or you're exaggerating.

Most reviews that I've read have said that the phone is pretty snappy and smooth. Maybe not as great as the Incredible, but nothing like you're claiming.
    I wish I was exaggerating. I normally make calls using bluetooth, so it's rare that I make calls from the keyboard. Out of the 5 calls I made today, 3 of them did that. Just tried another and it went through immediately. It's hit and miss. If it continues, when I get time, I'm taking it in, but yeah, it's gotta be defective on some level.
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    I haven't had reboots so that could be a bad phone.

Try a dialer app. If that helps, the UI truely needs redoing. Or Froyo...lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    blackberry tour, soon droid
    ok im debating on these phones and i have one last question. i heard the inc. screen has issues in the sunlight, you cant see it at all. is the droid x like that also or is it improved. cause the one thing i liked about my tour was that i could see the screen perfectly in the sunlight.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by razmataz92 View Post
    ok im debating on these phones and i have one last question. i heard the inc. screen has issues in the sunlight, you cant see it at all. is the droid x like that also or is it improved. cause the one thing i liked about my tour was that i could see the screen perfectly in the sunlight.

I have both, though not both activated at the same time.

To answer your question, the X's screen is much better in direct sunlight, no question.

I re-activated my Incredible and am probably going to either return my X or sell it on Ebay. The aspects that are most important to me are better on the Incredible than the X, though there are aspects on the X such as the screen in sunlight and call quality that are better than the Incredible.

Good luck,
    Paul
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone

I have both, though not both activated at the same time.

To answer your question, the X's screen is much better in direct sunlight, no question.

I re-activated my Incredible and am probably going to either return my X or sell it on Ebay. The aspects that are most important to me are better on the Incredible than the X, though there are aspects on the X such as the screen in sunlight and call quality that are better than the Incredible.

Good luck,
    Paul
    thanks a lot. i guess i have to go check it out to see if i can live with the huge size. if not ill be waiting for the droid 2
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    i just checked it out its HUGE way bigger than i expected wow. now im leaning more toward the incredible...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links