DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Droid X not very smooth?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    FWIW... granted stock even it wasnt super smooth, whatever. 99% of us will probably end up rooting it and having a sick, super smooth custom ROM on the DROID X. So whats the big deal? Its a great phone and I'm sure it will get the bugs out of it. Plus once Android 2.2 is released we know it will speed up.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MotoDroid
    Some vids I see are very smooth, if it wasn't said before these are promo units we are seeing. Rmember VZ is a stickler for the software pretty much being up to par
    AKA TrendyProfessional1
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Who cares if it scrolls choppy and seems slow... at least it will get the highest linpack and quadrant scores once its rooted, that's what matters. Or not......
    Last edited by Guchi; 06-25-2010 at 11:51 AM.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Guys you are very very optimistic. Everything I have seen/heard/read so far is that the Droid X will be near impossible to root due to a signed bootloader. Unless something changes or something is leaked be prepared for a what you see is what you get phone.
    OG Droid w/ Pete's GPA16 w/ stock Kernel using auto OC script. (retired)

LG G2X w/ rooted 2.3.3 leak.

It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    Quote Originally Posted by Guchi View Post
    Who cares if it scrolls choppy and seems slow... at least it will get the highest linpack and quadrant scores once its rooted, that's what matters. Or not......
    Naw, what matters to me is better call quality and reception than the Droid and Inc. One review already said it handled a call where the Inc dropped it........

I already know the Droid has excellent reception. If the X has better?!?!?!

Diversity Antennas ftw.....noise cancellation mics ftw.....3 different mics ftw.......
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    ^^^ where I live my inc has the same signal strength as my droid did and the due to the way i hold my phone (slightly away from my head as to not get sweat and stuff on the phone) the droids noise canceling would always cancel my voice so my wife would constantly be telling me "put your phone up to your head I cant hear you" not an issue with the inc. so for ME anyways, no noise canceling = win
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I would think 2.2 (w/ JIT) would solve the lag issues, but who knows. I have a hard time believing that the lag is at all related to the new OMAP 3630 cpu.

Darkseider, do you have any links that talk specifically about the Droid X having a signed bootloader? I know that Motorola chose to do that with the Milestone, but it seems like it was a conscious decision not to do it with the Droid. I have read speculation about this happening with future Motorola phones, but I never saw any real evidence stating that Moto planned to do that with the X.
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    Quote Originally Posted by Guchi View Post
    ^^^ where I live my inc has the same signal strength as my droid did and the due to the way i hold my phone (slightly away from my head as to not get sweat and stuff on the phone) the droids noise canceling would always cancel my voice so my wife would constantly be telling me "put your phone up to your head I cant hear you" not an issue with the inc. so for ME anyways, no noise canceling = win
    Key phrases there. Where I work, is a bad reception area. I need a phone that has excellent reception. I dont think holding any of these smartphones directly/close to your face is ideal. I learned the hard way with the Omnia 1 a few years ago.

And to yall talking about rooting about the bootloader: One of the most unhackable machines known to man, the PS3, was finally opened up earlier this year or late last year.

I dont know when it will happen for the X, but: "Where theres a will, there's a way...."
    Last edited by jroc; 06-25-2010 at 12:25 PM.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by JhankG View Post
    I would think 2.2 (w/ JIT) would solve the lag issues, but who knows. I have a hard time believing that the lag is at all related to the new OMAP 3630 cpu.

Darkseider, do you have any links that talk specifically about the Droid X having a signed bootloader? I know that Motorola chose to do that with the Milestone, but it seems like it was a conscious decision not to do it with the Droid. I have read speculation about this happening with future Motorola phones, but I never saw any real evidence stating that Moto planned to do that with the X.
    Ask and you shall receive.

Motorola Droid X system dump available; hackers already hard at it | Android Central

Second or third response after my initial post.
    OG Droid w/ Pete's GPA16 w/ stock Kernel using auto OC script. (retired)

LG G2X w/ rooted 2.3.3 leak.

It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkseider View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JhankG View Post

Ask and you shall receive.

Motorola Droid X system dump available; hackers already hard at it | Android Central

Second or third response after my initial post.
    Mannnnnn, that kind of ruined my day. I was hoping that was just speculation. Thanks for the quick response.

Bleh.

*I did just read that the Milestone was finally cracked despite the bootloader, but it's far from guaranteed that the X will follow suit.
    Last edited by JhankG; 06-25-2010 at 12:27 PM.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links