DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: phone slowing down and getting laggy

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DroidX

phone slowing down and getting laggy

Hey guys. I need some help. Things have been just fine for my rooted droidx on .602. But i would say in the last month or so my phone has gotten really laggy taking many seconds for screens to change or make phone at calls or txts. Its getting really annoying
    I was wondering what the best method is to do to rid my phone of these problems. I dont need to stay rooted other than the fact i like to back up my apps. Im not afraid of changing versions of updates, but I do enjoy what im using now. Should i just do a reset of data or sbf and start all over again. I just want the spunk back in my phone. Any suggestions?
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Have you tried wiping cache partition in either stock or clockwork recovery? If not i would give that a try first before going further.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    You can try taking the OTA update. Protect root using vodoo root keeper from the play store. It worked for me when I went from .605 to .621. After taking the update, I just ran the app and restored root without any problems.

My phone has been kinda slow and freezing up a bit lately too. Facebook and a few other apps take a while to load/refresh. I just flashed CM9 on my phone again today so it's running great except for battery life sucks. That's why I went back to stock before.

You can try backing everything up with TB, doing a nandroid and wiping data and cache in recovery. I don't think a sbf will help much but I can't say for sure.

One good thing I noticed when I took the .621 update, I didn't have any force closes and everything ran smooth for a while. After apps had updates, things went down hill. My phone would freeze, apps would be slow to load and even the dialer would be slow to load.

It's probably Verizon's way of making us get new phones so they can rob us of our unlimited data.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DroidX
    Wiping the cache seemed to work. Just the fix i was looking for. Thanks!
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by s_cuttic View Post
    You can try taking the OTA update. Protect root using vodoo root keeper from the play store. It worked for me when I went from .605 to .621. After taking the update, I just ran the app and restored root without any problems.

My phone has been kinda slow and freezing up a bit lately too. Facebook and a few other apps take a while to load/refresh. I just flashed CM9 on my phone again today so it's running great except for battery life sucks. That's why I went back to stock before.

You can try backing everything up with TB, doing a nandroid and wiping data and cache in recovery. I don't think a sbf will help much but I can't say for sure.

One good thing I noticed when I took the .621 update, I didn't have any force closes and everything ran smooth for a while. After apps had updates, things went down hill. My phone would freeze, apps would be slow to load and even the dialer would be slow to load.

It's probably Verizon's way of making us get new phones so they can rob us of our unlimited data.
    FWIW the official facebook app has been having issues as of late. Which has been affecting some phones.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by s_cuttic View Post

I am stock and have been having a few of the same problems. The last update fixed the random resets, but now I have data drops even though I am in a strong 3G area (the signal indicator will turn white, switching to airplane mode and back does nothing...need to turn phone on and off, which takes a while lately).
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by 77Pat View Post
    I am stock and have been having a few of the same problems. The last update fixed the random resets, but now I have data drops even though I am in a strong 3G area (the signal indicator will turn white, switching to airplane mode and back does nothing...need to turn phone on and off, which takes a while lately).
    First thing you can try is dialing *228 and choose option 2 if ya haven't done that yet and see if your reception gets better.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Thanks, I tried that a couple of days ago but no improvement.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    You can try a cache partition wipe and see if that helps with your phone being slow (laggy). Since your on stock gingerbread you'll just wipe cache in stock recovery. It's quick and simple and don't worry it won't change anything on your phone. Here's a thread link that explains how it's done Wipe cache

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/148268-script-v6-supercharger-htk-bulletproof-launchers-fix-memory-all-androids.html

T
    he V6 Supercharger works pretty good for me
    (you should YouTube a video to help you out)
    Im running the Liberty Rom 2.0 on the .621 hack and it's pretty smooth
    I also use advanced task killer to clear up the autostart programs when my phone first boots up!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links