DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How is this possible?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr Maxx

How is this possible?

Ok, how about this: I've done a factory reset and frequent *228s, and here's what happens: On a plane trip, I do a full power down prior to takeoff, and put my X in my shirt pocket...nothing touches the power switch. Then, within thirty minutes, the device powers back on spontaneously! The first few times, I figured I'd inadvertently hit the power button, but now I see that's not the case. I know all about BB's and Androids power-cycling and/or shutting down spontaneously, but I've not seen anything like this. Have I got a collector's item or a lemon? Suggestions, please.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    droid x2
    Do you have alarms set?
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    No...no alarms set. And it's happened after doing a factory reset. Puzzling.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    @PappaFloyd
    Phone
    Droid X
    That is odd. I have had my phone reboot itself but never turn itself on. I don't ever have my phone off though.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic, OG Droid
    My son's Droid X will sometimes reboot instead of powering off. I've always assumed it was something going awry in the shutdown process. I've never seen it power on by itself once (I believe) it's fully off though. I suppose it's possible that it's hanging during shutdown and eventually rebooting, but I have suggestions on how to determine if that's actually what's happening.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    @theamazinghubs
    Phone
    DroidX, Justice ROM
    @birdiebo is the phone stock? I know I had a bad install of a rom, where the phone worked fine but ever power down for me was a reboot.

Lib3rat3d DX
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I've researched this with my DX, talked to many levels of tech support, found threads about it, and tried all suggested solutions except to brick the phone:
    SOME, not all, DX phones will re-start after a shut off. Sometimes minutes, sometimes hours later. There is no solution. This is a "known issue" "to be corrected in the next software patch"... but there is NOT going to be a patch or correction. Live with it. The semi-good news is that on the second shut-down it rarely re-starts.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by birdiebo View Post
    Ok, how about this: I've done a factory reset and frequent *228s, and here's what happens: On a plane trip, I do a full power down prior to takeoff, and put my X in my shirt pocket...nothing touches the power switch. Then, within thirty minutes, the device powers back on spontaneously! The first few times, I figured I'd inadvertently hit the power button, but now I see that's not the case. I know all about BB's and Androids power-cycling and/or shutting down spontaneously, but I've not seen anything like this. Have I got a collector's item or a lemon? Suggestions, please.
    Why not just put it on airplane mode and call it good? The battery will nearly last forever on airplane mode if you aren't using it.
  9. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1417 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    Its a known issue with the last ota.... sometimes if u power it off again it will stay off. Sometimes not. New soak coming out, so hopefully that and the book of other issues will be taken care of.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    Quote Originally Posted by Naro View Post
    I've researched this with my DX, talked to many levels of tech support, found threads about it, and tried all suggested solutions except to brick the phone:
    SOME, not all, DX phones will re-start after a shut off. Sometimes minutes, sometimes hours later. There is no solution. This is a "known issue" "to be corrected in the next software patch"... but there is NOT going to be a patch or correction. Live with it. The semi-good news is that on the second shut-down it rarely re-starts.

Incorrect. There is going to be an update to adress this as well as other issues. .621
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links