DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how do you know when its a Battery issue and not a Phone issue?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

how do you know when its a Battery issue and not a Phone issue?

anyway to text this?
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx, Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by knighthonor View Post

anyway to text this?
    I think what you're saying is, how do you know if the reason the battery doesn't last long is a problem with the battery or with the phone?

If you're rooted, you can find the battery's health somewhere in the ROM Toolbox. I'm sure there are other ways to do it as well. Try using your battery in someone else's phone, or just buying a new one off Amazon (I found one on there for $2.50) and having it as a backup. It's always good to have a backup battery anyway.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    something like that. My phone wont cut on, on demand, but stay green lit while plugged into the computer. I dont know if this is a phone issue or a battery issue. the phone auto cycles a turn on/ turn off by its self. all night been doing this.

I notice it doesnt charge sometimes when using certain chargers. the charger I got with my phone stop working all together. but my mothers LG charger works, but many times It will stop working and the phone can die while plugged in.

I been having many issues with my phone, besides the charging. the stock dialer app for example, stop working.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx, Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by knighthonor View Post
    something like that. My phone wont cut on, on demand, but stay green lit while plugged into the computer. I dont know if this is a phone issue or a battery issue. the phone auto cycles a turn on/ turn off by its self. all night been doing this.

I notice it doesnt charge sometimes when using certain chargers. the charger I got with my phone stop working all together. but my mothers LG charger works, but many times It will stop working and the phone can die while plugged in.

I been having many issues with my phone, besides the charging. the stock dialer app for example, stop working.
    it sucks but it sounds like you might want to try a factory reset, just backup anything you don't want to lose first. My phone used to turn itself on/off, not charge when it didn't want to, etc. and the factory reset fixed it
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by leftspin View Post
    it sucks but it sounds like you might want to try a factory reset, just backup anything you don't want to lose first. My phone used to turn itself on/off, not charge when it didn't want to, etc. and the factory reset fixed it
    problem is, I cant get it to cut on when I like. and it only stay on for a few secs
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx, Droid X
    you may want to try this, as a last resort maybe. If your phone won't stay on for more than a few seconds then it might be the only option Complete Droid X .sbf Flashing Guide
    Last edited by leftspin; 10-20-2011 at 09:59 AM.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    You know by finding another Droid X and another battery, both which you know to be good. Then you swap them. If the other phone's battery works fine in your phone and fails in the other phone, you know it's the battery. Conversely, if the other phone's battery works in the other phone but fails in your phone, you know it's your phone.

Go to a Verizon store and get them to assist you doing this swap and you'll know right away.

It's simply the scientific method.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    How do you know the LG charger is compatible. Sounds like you may have fried your phone plugging it into a wrong voltage/amperage charger.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by nlinecomputers View Post
    How do you know the LG charger is compatible. Sounds like you may have fried your phone plugging it into a wrong voltage/amperage charger.
    I was at first using my own charger that came with the phone when it was brand new out the store. that eventually stopped working. thats what forced me to use a different charger. I came back after a few months, and plugged in my phone to my old charger again, and was surprised that it started working again. But it stop working again.

I was forced to using the LG charger again, which also started giving me issues.

My old charger dont work at all now.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Might be dumb but are u using the same plug in the house with the chargers? Voltage might be off. Just throwing out ideas. If not I would bet on the charging port

Sent from my DROIDX
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links