DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extended Battery and Case

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Extended Battery and Case

My case fits a bit snug with the 1800mAh battery. It fits great if I do not put the back on the phone. Is it important to keep the back on the phone if it is protected by the case?

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    What case do you have? I have an Otter Box rubber cover that fits the extended battery and cover very well.

However, it's probably not critical that you have the cover on if the case reasonably protects it. *I* wouldn't do it but your mileage may vary so give it a week or two and let us know how it fares.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    I just have a cheap case, comparable to a body glove. With the back on the phone one of the clips does not snap tight. I have been using it with out the back all this week.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinkar View Post
    What case do you have? I have an Otter Box rubber cover that fits the extended battery and cover very well.
    I have the $50 otter box case that has the plastic case and the rubber case that goes over that so the phone is totally sealed. So You are saying that even with the extended battery it still fits in the case? I'd like to get an extended battery but also need to use that case for work.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x
    Quote Originally Posted by apstang50 View Post
    I have the $50 otter box case that has the plastic case and the rubber case that goes over that so the phone is totally sealed. So You are saying that even with the extended battery it still fits in the case? I'd like to get an extended battery but also need to use that case for work.
    I have the otter box with extended battery and it fits fine in the case.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by apstang50 View Post
    I have the $20 rubber "condom" that does not completely seal the phone. Rather it's a rubber sleeve that leaves the ports open and the screen showing (though it included a screen protector I used but ultimately removed.) Since it's rubber, it easily fits over the slightly thicker phone with the extended battery and matching cover installed.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I just ordered the extended battery, OEM, and of course the back cover came with it, and a wall charger. Since my normal case won't fit I bought a separate leather case to use when I have the extended battery on my DX. Nice to have the main battery and the extended battery for extra long life when I need it. I would always keep that special back cover on when you the extended battery. If for no other reason than helping to keep dust and dirt out of your phone.

Sick Droid X of Awesomeness

9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    I've beening using it for a couple of weeks now in the body glove type cover with no back on the phone with no ill effects.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    It is not a Body Glove case that I have. It is a cheep case similar to a Body Glove. It will close with the phones back cover on but one of the snaps does not snap completely. With out the phones back cover it fits great.
    Rubberized Snap On Cover For Motorola Droid X - Green Leaves Camo -TheCellGuru.com

Jim
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    My X has the 1800 battery and has worn the Otterbox Defender, Trident Kraken, Incipio Silcrylic, and Naztech Vertex, and every one of them works with this battery with the battery door on. I have settled on the Naztech Vertex because I think it's a great middle ground between protection and sleekness, and it doesn't hurt that it's relatively inexpensive at the $10-$15 range.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links