I know many people are having issues with their LED lights not blinking or even working after upgrading to many of the Gingerbread versions, even the OTA upgrade. I am hoping my solution may assist others to get their LED working again.
I upgraded my DroidX to the three part upgrade to GB .588 from .340. I had issues with the market allowing me to install my apps, so I used TitaniumBackup to restore all my apps to the new Gingerbread DX. Once I had completed this upgrade to .588, I noticed my LED notification light would no longer work reliably for any notification (email, txt, missed call). I let it go and waited for the next upgrade, writing it off as issue with the leaked build. Eventually I upgraded to .595, then to .596, following the methods documented in the forums. I maintained root through all of the upgrades. Still the LED light refused to function for any notifications.
I tried the third party apps LightFlow and several LED testers. I could get the light to blink once or twice, then it would stop. The light still did not function correctly for any notifications. I stumbled across solutions saying setting Handcent LED notification settings to NORMAL flash for txt fixed some people's issues, but not mine. I wasn't using Handcent at the time, but had been when I performed the initial upgrade to .588.
Steps to fix LED issue:
1. Installed Handcent, set LED flash rate to SLOW. This actually did make my LED start to function more correctly than it had in the past, but everything else was still hit or miss.
2. I backed up all user and system apps again with Titanium Backup and performed a Factory Reset.
3. All notifications works as they are supposed to for email/txt and missed calls
4. I allowed all my apps to start to re-download themselves from the market.
5. I again had the error from the market after about 30 apps installed. I received the following error 'Download was unsuccessful, please try again' for the remaining apps. I tried all the solutions out there (app data wipe, cache wipe, downgrade, pull sdcard, kill secure dir on card). Nothing worked. Waited almost exactly 24 hours and it started to allow downloads again. Almost like Google/Verizon allows only so much downloaded from market in 24 hours.
6. Continued all downloads until they were all complete. All notifications still working correctly.
7. Used Titanium Backup to restore data only to select apps to restore game save points, (AngryBirds,etc.) (No need to restore Facebook, just log in)
After this process, all the LED notifications continue to work on their own. I am even able to use LightFlow for specialized colors and have it work as it is supposed to. What I think is some of the applications had settings for using the LED for notifications that were not compatible with the GB upgrades. When I restored all the apps and data with Titanium Backup, this made the LED not function as it is supposed to. Performing a reset and allowing the apps to reinstall on their own seemed to fix the issue for me.
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums