DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Overclocking my DX

  1. Senior Droid
    michaelearth's Avatar
    Member #
    4046
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    174
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X Liberty GB
    #1

    Overclocking my DX

    So i bought a DX in March and it was capable of hitting 1.4ghz at ULV easy... but i had to send it in for a replacement and now my DX is barely able to hand 1.1ghz. I want my 1.4ghz goodness back! ha

    So any chance that installing the Gingerbread update would help my OC problems or am i pretty much stuck with this crappy processor?

    Thanks
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Senior Droid
    DigiK's Avatar
    Member #
    28453
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    213
    Phone
    OG Droid CM7 + deprimed
    #2
    GB probably won't have much bearing on your overclock scores. Have you tried using quickclock advanced to find your true max values?
  4. Senior Droid
    michaelearth's Avatar
    Member #
    4046
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    174
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X Liberty GB
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by DigiK View Post
    GB probably won't have much bearing on your overclock scores. Have you tried using quickclock advanced to find your true max values?
    I have multiple times but everytime my phone cannot handle the "balanced" OC setting. My phone just seems to crawl to a slow above 1.1ghz. This really blows....

    For my amusment I tried quickclock again and the "Balanced" setting it came up with was 1.75ghz and my phone was slow as a snail.....
  5. Senior Droid
    DigiK's Avatar
    Member #
    28453
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    213
    Phone
    OG Droid CM7 + deprimed
    #4
    Yeah that sucks. I had that happen to an OGDroid replacement last year and ended up swapping out the system board before sending back since it was a headphone jack issue.

    As a last ditch effort, you can certainly try the latest GB leak. I've noticed stability improvements as the releases have progressed, though no dramatic voltage reductions. My max stable overclock is 1338 at 74'volts' and I get a very respectable 23-2400 in Quadrant.

    What voltages have you been trying?
  6. Senior Droid
    michaelearth's Avatar
    Member #
    4046
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    174
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X Liberty GB
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by DigiK View Post
    Yeah that sucks. I had that happen to an OGDroid replacement last year and ended up swapping out the system board before sending back since it was a headphone jack issue.

    As a last ditch effort, you can certainly try the latest GB leak. I've noticed stability improvements as the releases have progressed, though no dramatic voltage reductions. My max stable overclock is 1338 at 74'volts' and I get a very respectable 23-2400 in Quadrant.

    What voltages have you been trying?
    Yeah Ill give the GB a try hopefully that helps. Umm as far as voltages go Im not exactly sure but in the DroidX Overclock app ill choose " High Voltage" (which i would never want to use but just for the sake of testing) and select 1.2 ghz and my phone cant even handle that... any more suggestions?

    Thanks
  7. Senior Droid
    DigiK's Avatar
    Member #
    28453
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    213
    Phone
    OG Droid CM7 + deprimed
    #6
    There's a chance that one of the other slots might be misbehaving. If you don't want to bother with quick clock, try checking only one slot at a time by manually inputting values in the advanced overclocking section.

    Set all of your lower clocks to stock freq/voltage and only operate on the top slot. See JRummy's overclocking faq in the app for detailed voltage listings. J's 1200 slot is 70vsel. You might need to go higher or find that 1200/70 is okay when isolated. Quickclock will give you a better idea more quickly though, since it auto-tests for lag/voltages.

    If you can't even get to 1200 at 80, I'd say your cpu is an overclocking dud. Anything up in the 80s will generate high heat; whatever you do, don't go over 88.
  8. Senior Droid
    michaelearth's Avatar
    Member #
    4046
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    174
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X Liberty GB
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by DigiK View Post
    There's a chance that one of the other slots might be misbehaving. If you don't want to bother with quick clock, try checking only one slot at a time by manually inputting values in the advanced overclocking section.

    Set all of your lower clocks to stock freq/voltage and only operate on the top slot. See JRummy's overclocking faq in the app for detailed voltage listings. J's 1200 slot is 70vsel. You might need to go higher or find that 1200/70 is okay when isolated. Quickclock will give you a better idea more quickly though, since it auto-tests for lag/voltages.

    If you can't even get to 1200 at 80, I'd say your cpu is an overclocking dud. Anything up in the 80s will generate high heat; whatever you do, don't go over 88.
    Ok so i just tried 1200 at 80vsel while leaving everything esle at stock values and my phone still chugged. Iguess my cpu is not built to pushed to its limits... oh well... maybe GB will bring me happiness
  9. Droid Ninja
    Snow02's Avatar
    Member #
    159755
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,343
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    #8
    80 is too high. Try something in the mid to high 60s instead. Like 68.
  10. Master Droid
    debrad0307's Avatar
    Member #
    170981
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    Posts
    641
    Liked
    53 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    #9
    Ever since I flashed LGB. 05 my Droid overclock won't work. When I open the app to change the settings my phone restarts. What I was wondering is... since LGB is fast already do I really need Droid overclock? Do you think I should just uninstall it?

    Tappin' away on my DROIDX
    Hell on Heels

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-28-2011, 10:56 AM
  2. Overclocking...new to this..
    By champ41 in forum Droid X Hacks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-23-2011, 10:03 PM
  3. Overclocking FAQ?
    By Laurence5905 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-23-2010, 09:54 PM
  4. Overclocking?
    By Sobe 23 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-10-2010, 06:02 PM
  5. Overclocking help
    By njftw in forum Rescue Squad Help
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-12-2010, 08:11 AM

Search tags for this page

can i overclock my dx to 1.1 gh?
,

droid dx overclock app

,
droid overclocking guide dx
,
droid x 1.2ghz 70vsel
,
droid x overclocking faqs
,
droid x quickclock slow
,
droid x wont overclock quickclock advanced
,
dx overclock with og droid
,
dx overclock wont work droid
,
how do i overclock my droid x
,
og droid quickclock
,
overclock dx
,
overclock og droid
,
quick clock advanced droid x
,
quick clock advanced og droid
,
quick clock results dx
,
should i overclock my dx
,
the droid x sucks at overclocking
,
what should i set my overclock to on my og droid
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+