DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Gingerbread Leak

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

The Gingerbread Leak

So, I really think that Gingerbread is quite the OS but there are a ton of bugs.. So far heres what Ive gotten from the releases from TBH:
    1) Don't deodex, something is conflicting with it and the phone is locking up as if all of the RAM and CPU is in use, and it will be really hard to get the phone back and running without SBF
    2) Remove any push to talk applications, there are rumors floating around that these applications are causing part of this lockup due to a service they run at the boot.
    3) Super user is buggy on the rooted version, it seems that sometimes it will lock up the phone if it doesnt like what youre doing

But I also started this thread so that people could drop some crazy cool stuff that they've done with GB so far.. Its awesome.. Also if you need any help with anything ive had my fair share of experiences with the OS as I have flashed between it like 15 times because of all the lockups..

Fire away.. what do you love what do you hate?!
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    Loving app groups. Hating nothing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Gingerbread Leak-uploadfromtaptalk1301715263715.jpg  
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Deodexed running that honeycomb theme.. looking freshhhh
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Sorry to hear that you are having issues. For me - it is all good. It is fast, stable, and whole lots of sweetness.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by devildog9999 View Post
    Sorry to hear that you are having issues. For me - it is all good. It is fast, stable, and whole lots of sweetness.

You running deodexed?
    You running TBH app release or did you download it and flash it from the computer.. Or rather download it from the computer put it onto the phone and flash it?
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Twitter
    @Body_Bagz
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    Hmmm...cant speak to the issues you seem to be having, as my install of the TBH Pre-Rooted and DeoDexed GB release is tooling right along like it should.

Now, i did have some issues on first install, but I chalked that up to not quite fully following the install instructions...I was on Liberty v1.5 and chose to not SBF back to stock, instead I just flashed back to a back-up I had of stock rooted...and that wasnt the best idea... Needless to say, I had some issues...slow boot time, glitchy start-up, app drawer freaking out etc etc...

I fixed all these issues by going back in through CWM and wiping data and cache. After that, my phone was zipping along nicely. Last night I went ahead and flashed the DeoDexed zip over the top and have had 0 issues so far.

Bagz Droid Razr, Most Nearly Bone Stock
    ...Rooted...ROM`d too many times to list...and still kicking iPhones in the @$$ on a daily basis....

7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, Droid X, HTC Rezound
    I don't know if I downloaded the od or de 2.3 leak but it was pre-rooted. Did the whole thing from the pc and only took about an hour for everything. Worked like a charm and everything seems to be running smooth. Granted this a non-activated device that I picked up just to mess with. So I have no idea about issues related to calls, sms, or 3g. No issues so far and everything seems to work fine. I got everything from How to: Get Rooted Gingerbread on DROID X - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog and didn't say anything about odexed? I do find it hard to determine opened and unopened gmail though. The shading is very similar and you really have to look. Other than that all is well over here.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    I am also running the deodexed rooted Gingerbread and have zero issues. In fact, this is the most stable my phone has been. I did SBF'ed back to stock Froyo and wiped data/cache before installing Gingerbread.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 2
    running rooted deodexed and it's super slick. no issues. cool ass crt shutoff animation too. I like it but plan on going back to liberty when 2.0 is officially out.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Been running deodexed since release and have had only 1 lockup (when installing a Rock Band 200MB apk). Way more stable than when I was using Liberty.

I'm not sure if it's just me, but the deodexed version felt a little bit slower at first. Can't tell if it's any slower now.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links