Did you miss step five?
5. You have to use D2 Bootstrap on Gingerbread, DX bootstrap won't work.
Hope they have Droid x bootstrap working for gingerbread in a week as that's when I should have my Droid x from ebay im a sucker for new roms specially gingerbread.
Galaxy nexus aokp m5 w/ Franco kernel
I have found a trick that makes Bootstrap work on my .625 phone.
1) Hold "Home" and press the "on" button to boot
2) When the "M" appears, release the "on" button.
3) When the "triangle with exclamation point" appears, release the "home" button but, DO NOT PRESS "search". It wont work.
4) remove the battery to reset the system
5) replace the battery and WAIT.
It will now boot into the Bootstrap Recovery APP and you will be ready to go.
If you are just trying it out with no intention to go further, press the camera "shutter release" to reboot the system.
Last edited by jimisbell; 09-27-2011 at 01:16 PM.