DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Battery sucks

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by faf1998 View Post
    One App.

Words. With. Friends.

The ultimate battery sucker...

Lol this is true

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy tablet using Tapatalk
    Droid x running Libery 3 RC 1.1
  2. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    130 times
    DroidForums.net Developer
    I only use one APP... no Task or App killers running.

"Autostarts".... I kill what I want to at boot and that's it.

The APP does much more if you want, but that is all I wanted. It never made sense to me to install and continuously run other apps to kill apps, then run battery manager apps running to save battery. Lol.

Stop the **** from running in the first place and be done.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    I'm gonna say Ur battery is the issue. No way you should be getting poor battery life. What does your battery manager say is using the most battery?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy tablet using Tapatalk
    Droid x running Libery 3 RC 1.1
    Member #
    Phone
    MOTO Droid
    If you want really good battery life, just root and use APEX 1.4.1. I just went 60hours without a charge.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I'm stock, brightness turned all the way down, light surfing, email checking, Tweetdeck reading, no music, no videos etc. and I'm lucky to get 8 hours... with the extended battery!

Checking my battery stats - Display, 41%, Cell Standby 17%, Phone idle 10%, Android OS 7%, Android System 6% and a few things under 5%...

Bad battery?
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    I can't understand how in the world all of these people are claiming to get 3-4 days of use out of their phone. I am rooted...liberty rom..honeycomb theme. I overclocked using dx overclocker and have it set to battery saver or whatever. I send about 20 texts a day and use about 10 minutes a day for voice. I rarely tether and I don't use the interenet a ton and I am luck to get 10 hours out of mine. I just replaced the battery to see if that was it. Charged it to full before using it...and still have the same issues. I don't have any accounts pulling information except facebook. I have limited apps. Maybe all of you are in a better service area than I am and maybe my phone is working harder to get a signal...I have not clue...It just flabergasts me when ppl get on here an talk about these insane battery stats.......

Edit: Other than the battery, I love my DX. It flies and does everything I need. In all honesty I don't need my battery to last that long. As long as it gets me through my work day, then I'm good. I was just saying I cannot believe that some of you can go 2 full days without charging....not saying you are lying, just saying that is awesome....and it must be nice!!!
    Last edited by Wadman; 03-09-2011 at 09:30 AM.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Just replaced my extended battery (down to 19% after 6 hours) with my original battery to get through the rest of the workday.

I don't get it....
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Verizon galaxy nexus
    We all get different results. I have the extended battery from verizon and can squeeze about 8 to 9hrs of life from it, while web surfing, listening to music through my stereo bluetooth, texting and two five minute calls. And that's with auto sync, background data and wifi all off. Gps off, brightness at 15%. My number one battery killer : 3g web surfing. I loose about 10% every 30 minutes.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
    Sent from my Galaxy nexus
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    gingersensed thunderbolt
    for everyone with extended batteries, make sure you set it up correctly. you have to wipe battery stats i believe so the system reads the correct % left. it may say you have 20% remainin, but you may have more.

Quote Originally Posted by Wadman View Post
    I can't understand how in the world all of these people are claiming to get 3-4 days of use out of their phone. I am rooted...liberty rom
    I think liberty ROM is you problem. i am also not in a great service area, i dont loose signal ever but it is never really that great. anyway, i ran liberty for a month or so, and after normal usage, maybe 5 texts and about 10 minutes of talking, random e-mails, FB checking, we browsing, photo downloading and taking ect. i would be down to 15% at the end of the day (about 12 hours)

i have since changed to Apex 1.4.1 due to some random reboots and what not. i am getting INSANE battery life. same useage as liberty, and when i dock my phone for the night, i am right around 50% if not more.
    also, i am not overclocked, use auto brightness all day, wifi on when at home, off when at work, GPS off BT off. no task killers ect.

i am sure you love liberty (i liked it too when i ran it) but if battery life is that much of a deal to you, you should give apex a shot....its a blur ROM, but it has the best battery life i have ever seen out of a custom ROM.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by turdbogls View Post
    for everyone with extended batteries, make sure you set it up correctly. you have to wipe battery stats i believe so the system reads the correct % left. it may say you have 20% remainin, but you may have more.

Quote Originally Posted by Wadman View Post
    I can't understand how in the world all of these people are claiming to get 3-4 days of use out of their phone. I am rooted...liberty rom
    I think liberty ROM is you problem. i am also not in a great service area, i dont loose signal ever but it is never really that great. anyway, i ran liberty for a month or so, and after normal usage, maybe 5 texts and about 10 minutes of talking, random e-mails, FB checking, we browsing, photo downloading and taking ect. i would be down to 15% at the end of the day (about 12 hours)

i have since changed to Apex 1.4.1 due to some random reboots and what not. i am getting INSANE battery life. same useage as liberty, and when i dock my phone for the night, i am right around 50% if not more.
    also, i am not overclocked, use auto brightness all day, wifi on when at home, off when at work, GPS off BT off. no task killers ect.

i am sure you love liberty (i liked it too when i ran it) but if battery life is that much of a deal to you, you should give apex a shot....its a blur ROM, but it has the best battery life i have ever seen out of a custom ROM.
    That might be it. I can remember before I rooted not getting much better battery life than I do now. But, if I want to try Apex, how do I get rid of Liberty? Do I download Apex....do a factory reset, and then load it through Clockwork?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Links