DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Droid X OTA to Gingerbread!?

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Gingerbread is being skipped and next update will be 2.4 icecream sandwich which has gingerbread and honeycomb a 2 for one combo

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    BackSeatSuicide
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy Note 3
    Where did you hear that at, I heard that the next update would be a version of HC, but I didn't hear anything about skipping GB, and like I said in my last post, its supposed to be coming out for the Droid X/2/2Global, sometime in the next few months. I would totally be down for a combo of HC and GB, but not if I have to wait another year for it, I want my update soon, especially since GB is supposed improve the functionality of the keyboard greatly.

Edit - just found this link, & it talks about the next OS update for android phones would indeed be a mix between Honeycomb and Gingerbread, but it didn't say anything about skipping GB alltogether, bit I wouldn't mind, as long as I get my black notification bar and my better multi-touch keyboard lol which I can get those with custom ROMs. So this new Ice Cream update will work for both phones and tabs. Here's the link - http://tech.resuck.com/2011/02/new-a...%93-ice-cream/
    Last edited by BackSeatSuicide; 02-27-2011 at 03:55 AM.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    I talked to motorola and a vz manager from what they told me ginger bread is to unstable for the dx saying it bricks devices like the issue they had with froyo they tried fixing this with the 2.2.1 update to prepare for ginger bread motorola told me that they don't plan on releasing it unless its fully stable droid 2 will prolly get it before dx does

Quote Originally Posted by BackSeatSuicide View Post
    Where did you hear that at, I heard that the next update would be a version of HC, but I didn't hear anything about skipping GB, and like I said in my last post, its supposed to be coming out for the Droid X/2/2Global, sometime in the next few months. I would totally be down for a combo of HC and GB, but not if I have to wait another year for it, I want my update soon, especially since GB is supposed improve the functionality of the keyboard greatly.

Edit - just found this link, & it talks about the next OS update for android phones would indeed be a mix between Honeycomb and Gingerbread, but it didn't say anything about skipping GB alltogether, bit I wouldn't mind, as long as I get my black notification bar and my better multi-touch keyboard lol which I can get those with custom ROMs. So this new Ice Cream update will work for both phones and tabs. Here's the link - http://tech.resuck.com/2011/02/new-a...%93-ice-cream/

4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    BackSeatSuicide
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy Note 3
    Hmmm, I was reading an article on Endgadget a week or two ago, and it was about seeing a droid X out in the wild, using GB 2.3. That would suck to have your phone brick because of a update lol hopefully they fix, I just really want it for my D2G but I rather get the other IceCream update, that **** looks dope.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid annoymous View Post
    I talked to motorola and a vz manager from what they told me ginger bread is to unstable for the dx saying it bricks devices like the issue they had with froyo they tried fixing this with the 2.2.1 update to prepare for ginger bread motorola told me that they don't plan on releasing it unless its fully stable droid 2 will prolly get it before dx does

Edit - just found this link, & it talks about the next OS update for android phones would indeed be a mix between Honeycomb and Gingerbread, but it didn't say anything about skipping GB alltogether, bit I wouldn't mind, as long as I get my black notification bar and my better multi-touch keyboard lol which I can get those with custom ROMs. So this new Ice Cream update will work for both phones and tabs. Here's the link - New Android OS to Mix Gingerbread & Honeycomb

5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Ya if we see gingerbread it prolly wont be till summer even so the droid x 2 and droid 3 posed to be out in may so people prolly going to upgrade me personally I can care less about these updates they are so slow to get the updates while other phones been had gingerbread I don't understand how the devs here can do a better job then google can google needs to get rid of there staff and replace them with jrummy pete pandroid all the modders basically

Hmmm, I was reading an article on Endgadget a week or two ago, and it was about seeing a droid X out in the wild, using GB 2.3. That would suck to have your phone brick because of a update lol hopefully they fix, I just really want it for my D2G but I rather get the other IceCream update, that **** looks dope.

Edit - just found this link, & it talks about the next OS update for android phones would indeed be a mix between Honeycomb and Gingerbread, but it didn't say anything about skipping GB alltogether, bit I wouldn't mind, as long as I get my black notification bar and my better multi-touch keyboard lol which I can get those with custom ROMs. So this new Ice Cream update will work for both phones and tabs. Here's the link - New Android OS to Mix Gingerbread & Honeycomb

6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bolt of Thunder
    Ya if we see gingerbread it prolly wont be till summer even so the droid x 2 and droid 3 posed to be out in may so people prolly going to upgrade me personally I can care less about these updates they are so slow to get the updates while other phones been had gingerbread I don't understand how the devs here can do a better job then google can google needs to get rid of there staff and replace them with jrummy pete pandroid all the modders basically
    HUH? I am sorry, but this entire comment lost me other than you think that the P3 crew do a better job than Google.

You do realize that Google has nothing to do with the actual final version of OS that you get on your phone don't you?

That is between Verizon and Motorola.

What jrummy, pete, and all the other developers do is based on the original code from Google. Without it they could do nothing.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    If u actually read wat I said I said google should replace their staff with some of our devs we come to know and love so are u making a assumption that our devs wouldnt be up to the task
    Quote Originally Posted by Technoman View Post
    HUH? I am sorry, but this entire comment lost me other than you think that the P3 crew do a better job than Google.

You do realize that Google has nothing to do with the actual final version of OS that you get on your phone don't you?

That is between Verizon and Motorola.

What jrummy, pete, and all the other developers do is based on the original code from Google. Without it they could do nothing.

8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bolt of Thunder
    I did read what you posted, but without Google and the people at Google the devs here would have nothing to work with. They devs here don't develop from scratch, they utilize the releases that Google makes of the versions of OS and they modify it.

You are blaming Google for something that you should be directing to Motorola and Verizon for causing problems with bloat and delays.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by Technoman View Post
    I did read what you posted, but without Google and the people at Google the devs here would have nothing to work with. They devs here don't develop from scratch, they utilize the releases that Google makes of the versions of OS and they modify it.

You are blaming Google for something that you should be directing to Motorola and Verizon for causing problems with bloat and delays.
    You are 100% correct in my opinion. Not taking anything away from the devs, though, as they do great work.

But there is no need for you to argue with Droid Anonymous, he doesn't even use any punctuation making his posts difficult to read.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x
    Everyone just be glad it isn't samsung

Lax bro, closet geek
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links