DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Handcent Question

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ONE

Handcent Question

I installed handcent and love it so far as the options are endless over the stock app. Even though I have it set as my default sms/mms I have a question. When I click on the messages symbol (mailbox with flag) I still have the stock text app in there. When I click on it, It will still show my sms's that I have in handcent in the stock texting app as well. When I delete the sms in handcent it also deletes in the stock message app as well and vise versa.

When I click on the messages symbol the next window opens up and shows,

Universal in box
    Text messages (stock one)
    Yahoo mail

Is there a way to delete the stock Text messages link in there? I don't get notifications from the stock app since I unchecked everything and have no need for the shortcut.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    fc127
    Phone
    Droid X - Gingerbread
    You can delete the universal inbox from your homescreen and replace it with the handcent sms shortcut. There is, however, no way to access handcent from your universal inbox

Sent from my D2 using DroidForums app
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ONE
    Quote Originally Posted by FC127 View Post
    You can delete the universal inbox from your homescreen and replace it with the handcent sms shortcut. There is, however, no way to access handcent from your universal inbox

Do I do this within the universal inbox settings? I am running a stock phone.
    Last edited by erict; 12-31-2010 at 07:12 AM.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    fc127
    Phone
    Droid X - Gingerbread
    Quote Originally Posted by erict View Post

Is the universal inbox icon on your homescreen? If so, long press on the icon and drag it to the trash bin... Then, from your app drawer, long press the handcent icon and drag to your homescreen.

5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Twitter
    @Body_Bagz
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr

Is the universal inbox icon on your homescreen? If so, long press on the icon and drag it to the trash bin... Then, from your app drawer, long press the handcent icon and drag to your homescreen.

Did you read what the OP is asking to do? It doesnt seem so....

If OP is running a "stock" DX, there is no Universal Inbox icon on the homescreen, nor can there be unless you install and use a different launcher program. So, no sense in telling him to "drag to delete that icon and make one for Handcent".

What OP is asking to do, if I understand him correctly, is he wants Handcent to be listed when he clicks the Messaging icon, instead of the stock Text Messaging app.

To the OP, as far as I can see after messing around in the Messaging menu, there is no way. Handcent just "piggy-backs" the stock SMS app any way, so if you have either shortcut, they still show the same text messages.

Bagz Droid Razr, Most Nearly Bone Stock
    ...Rooted...ROM`d too many times to list...and still kicking iPhones in the @$$ on a daily basis....

6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ONE
    Quote Originally Posted by BodyBagz View Post

If OP is running a "stock" DX, there is no Universal Inbox icon on the homescreen, nor can there be unless you install and use a different launcher program. So, no sense in telling him to "drag to delete that icon and make one for Handcent".

What OP is asking to do, if I understand him correctly, is he wants Handcent to be listed when he clicks the Messaging icon, instead of the stock Text Messaging app.

To the OP, as far as I can see after messing around in the Messaging menu, there is no way. Handcent just "piggy-backs" the stock SMS app any way, so if you have either shortcut, they still show the same text messages.

That is correct as my universal inbox is not on my home screen but shows only under the messaging icon when clicked. No big deal as I thought since I don't use it I could just remove the stock text app in there.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    fc127
    Phone
    Droid X - Gingerbread

Now, before you go accusing me of not paying attention, anyone with a droid x has the ABILITY to put the universal inbox on the homescreen... calm yourself.

Sorry for asking questions and trying to help.

8. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus, T-bolt, Droid 2
    Also you don't want to remove the stock text messaging ever because if you do you wont be able to receive mms

tappin and a talkin
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Twitter
    @Body_Bagz
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr

Now, before you go accusing me of not paying attention, anyone with a droid x has the ABILITY to put the universal inbox on the homescreen... calm yourself.

Sorry for asking questions and trying to help.

1) Show me how...on a stock Droid X, without using any app, rooted or unrooted....I`ll wait. The below are all threads asking how to do this...
    Universal Inbox Shortcut
    No Universal Inbox on homescreen = FAIL

2) I am calm...thats why I asked a question...I didnt accuse you of anything. Now, had you in fact read the OP`s post accordingly and understood what he was asking, you would have seen that your reply was of no help in what he was asking for...so no sense in being snide about me asking you the question to start with...

Bagz Droid Razr, Most Nearly Bone Stock
    ...Rooted...ROM`d too many times to list...and still kicking iPhones in the @$$ on a daily basis....

Links