DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: DX ate my SD card

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    G2

DX ate my SD card

How common of a problem is this? No apps on sd card, card never removed from phone, suddenly out of nowhere sd is showing as blank/corrupted file. Couldn't format.... nothing. Lost 300+ pictures.

VZW didn't have any 16gb cards in stock so they're shipping one to me. In the meantime, they "loaned" a 16gb card to me from what they said was a new DX. Riiight.

Anyway- what causes this and how common is it?

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    It happened to my x, as well as a coworkers. Not sure why. I was able to reformat by taking the card out and using a computer, SD adapter. Hasn't happened again yet and hope it stays like that. I did learn to backup pictures after that. Lost some good ones too

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    My D1 SD card has come up corrupted twice in the past 12 months. Both times I took the SD card out of the phone, put it in a microSD USB and into my computer. I was still able to see everything on the card, so I backed it all up to the computer, then put the SD Card back in my D1 and formatted it. Once formatted I was able to move everything I had backed up onto the card. Maybe that will work for you also.
    Thank you to all who have served or are serving our great country. You're always in my thoughts and prayers.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. - Ronald Reagan
    --------

5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan1600 View Post
    My D1 SD card has come up corrupted twice in the past 12 months. Both times I took the SD card out of the phone, put it in a microSD USB and into my computer. I was still able to see everything on the card, so I backed it all up to the computer, then put the SD Card back in my D1 and formatted it. Once formatted I was able to move everything I had backed up onto the card. Maybe that will work for you also.
    Same thing that happened to me and a friend, for us it was easy fix. hope its that easy for you guys.
    Resistance is futile.

On 11/16/2009 DroidNet Became Aware

Links