DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: 1st Droid ??

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

1st Droid ??

Hello all,
    I'm new to the Droid family of phones and have a few question.
    1. after I hook the X to my pc and want to look at my pictures it always needs to reload the media. Is this right?
    2. How can I set my old ring tones or mp3 files as ring tones for select contacts?

The phone is not rooted and I'm not sure I want to get into that at this early stage.

Thank you for the help, I'm sure I'll have more question as time allows.

Happy Holidays to all.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X Custom Setup
    welcome to the forums, here's a bump, and an answer to some of your questions
    to make ringtones out of mp3s, try the "ringdroid" app. as for individual contacts specific ringtones, dunno how to do that, I have one ringtone, but I'm sure it's possible.

I don't know what you mean by "reload the media" - but the sdcard needs to mount to the computer and unmount from the dx, so it takes a moment, yes
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by coolbreez View Post
    2. How can I set my old ring tones or mp3 files as ring tones for select contacts?
    there are a few ways, depending on which apps you have. one way is ringdroid, which was just mentioned.

second, depending on what you use to play your music, you can assign a mp3 thru that particular music player. I beliw PowerAmp and Winamp do this.

last, go to the contact you want to assign an mp3 to, press the menu and then edit. scroll down to where it says Additional Info, click the arrow next to it. scroll down a little further and you will see Call Handling. Here is where you assign a specific ringtone/mp3 to the contact.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Thanks guys that seams to have done the trick.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Links