DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie Asks: So What Do Ya All Think?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Newbie Asks: So What Do Ya All Think?

I'm about to upgrade to my first smartphone, having been stuck with this awful feature phone for two years. After reading reviews, watching videos and getting to demo this phone at Verizon, I've my heart set on the Droid X.

I'd like to ask all you owners of the X how you feel about your phone? Can you list some pros and cons for my consideration? I'm hoping the pros far outweigh the cons??? ANything crucial I need to know before taking the X plunge?

Thanks in advance for your advice and input!

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus i515
    The X is a great device. No real cons for me.

I've had two Blackberry smartphones, the original Droid, the Samsung Fascinate, and now the X. It is the best device yet.
    a little obsessive...
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    I have got to agree. I really cannot think of any cons. Out of the Droid based phones out there right now, I think this is the power house with all the features to go with it. If I HAD to list a con, I would say the lack of a physical keyboard would be the best I can think of.

That being said, I use swype and I have no issues at all. AMAZING improvement of a touch screen keyboard over something like the LG Dare. So if you can get used to a non-physical keyboard (which is not hard, just give it a week or two) I think this is the best device you can pick up.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thanks so much, that's good to know! Other than the keyboard issue (which is not a biggie to me actually), would you say the phone is user friendly, and not super complicated for beginners like myself?
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X / Droid2
    Had a Droid2 to for 2 months, couldn't live without it, and I loved the Droid line so much, I bought an X not to long ago.

Can't live without my Droid, absolute best in the phone industry at this point in time. No cons, all pros, and the list of pros gets bigger and bigger each day.
    Formally know as Duhstehn.

Liberty ROM Tester
    Droid X / Droid 2

Follow me on Twitter!
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus i515
    Quote Originally Posted by pattikate View Post
    Thanks so much, that's good to know! Other than the keyboard issue (which is not a biggie to me actually), would you say the phone is user friendly, and not super complicated for beginners like myself?
    Depends, what phone are you coming from? Touchscreen?

There is a definite learning curve to smartphones in general, even more so with full touchscreen devices. Have you played with a demo yet? If not, then I suggest you do.
    a little obsessive...
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    There is a small learning curve but for example I came from a Blackberry Tour. While still a smart phone, totally different user interface than a Droid. There's tons of help on forums and videos on youtube and even on Verizon's website. Don't worry at all, you will catch on in just a few days at most.

Regards,
    Brandon
    Sent from my Verizon Droid X
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Phone
    DX > SGS3
    I love my X. I love the big screen size. I was weary of the touchscreen because I had only ever played with my husband's crappy Dare touchscreen. I was used to my feature phone with it's qwerty keyboard, but I'm glad I didn't settle for the Droid 2. No issues at all with my phone, battery life isn't the greatest, it JUST BARELY goes a full day, but that's mostly because I can't put the thing down. If you choose to root, you also open up a whole world of customization, but that's another story for another day. Even stock, you can do a lot with home launchers and various apps to make it the way you want it.

I never even had internet on my previous phone at all, so it really hit me the other day when I was waiting (impatiently) to get my final grade for one of my classes by email. I was totally excited to be able to get that email ASAP, rather than waiting til i got home. I just love having my mini computer with me!
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Yes, I have played around with the demo at the Verizon store. I didn't seem to find any difficulty or awkwardness at all, even though my current phone is a simple, basic flip phone (not a touch screen).

By the way, just one more question if I can throw this out to you guys.

Having never used a smart phone before I'm curious about the connection speed while surfing the web. Assuming you open the browser and connect with the 3G network (and NOT WiFi at all) is the speed decent enough?
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus i515
    Yes, 3G browsing of the net is decent on the X.

I am using it now to post these replies.
    a little obsessive...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links