DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: V-Cast

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back to CA or somewhere away from snow!!
    Liked
    52 times
    Phone
    Note II, Razr Maxx

V-Cast

I am sorry if this has been asked and answered. I did a search and I can not find anything that answers my questions.

First let me explain I am kinda a newbie. I had the Dinc for about 5 months with one hardware issue after the next. After they sent me out the 4th Dinc and another issue came up, they asked me if I would switch to a different droid (X - 2 or the Samsung). So I picked the X.

When I had the Dinc and I plugged it in to my laptop I had the options of mount as disk drive, charge only etc. There was an option on the Dinc if you went into the programming (##778) and there was a way to check load as CD enable/disable. (not having the phone anymore I don't remember what setting it was in. But it is not an option on the X. (unless maybe rooted?)

Bottomline my problem is... everytime I plug the X into my laptop, on Charge Only, it loads the V-Cast Manager, opens a web page, before I installed the V-cast Manager it would open up my dvd viewing software. I can't see the files on the X the only drive that I can view is is the SD card.

Is this normal? do I have another bad egg? Is the only way to fix this is rooting the phone? Do I have to use the V-cast Manager to transfer files?

Any info is greatly appreciated. sorry for such a long post to get to a few minor questions.

Thank you

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I remember having the same issue and i *think* that if you right click the v-cast icon in the launchbar (system tray) you will see an option to stop loading it. If this isn't correct i am sure someone will pipe in
    Last edited by dtsig; 12-14-2010 at 12:58 PM.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back to CA or somewhere away from snow!!
    Liked
    52 times
    Phone
    Note II, Razr Maxx
    Thx, but that didn't work. and if I uninstall it, when I plug the phone it it wants to reinstall it.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    Oh man i remember stopping this awhile back ago. But the V-cast thing popping up when on charge only should not happen only on pc mode or whatever it is. But no you dont need to use that program to transfer files. If i remember correctly the way to remove this is on the tray icon that pops on the lower right corner if using windows. You right click on it and there should be some settings/options and there should be the option to stop that from loading that when plugged in every time. You can transfer files by mounting the sd card with the USB mount option on the phone when u plug it in. then you can browse the files on the sd card and put music,pics, or videos in that.
    Hope this helps any.
  6. scf
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Moto Droido Xo
    Look in the tool tray on your pc. Find the motorola "M". right click. Click on "automatically load" then click on "nothing".
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Phone
    Note II, Razr Maxx
    I appreciate everyone telling me how to shut down the V-Cast but that is only part of the problem.

Is this normal to have to use V-Cast to transfer files? Can't I just copy and paste or drag and drop from my computer connected as disk drive.

Do I have another bad egg? Because I can not mount as disk drive, mass storage, I can only do charge only or windows media sync

Is the only way to fix this is rooting the phone? Do I have to use the V-cast Manager to transfer files?

other issues involve pictures randomly being deleted, entire folders.
    When I do try and connect as mass storage it keeps trying to prepare sd card and always making that connection tone (like every 10 seconds)
    Alarm clock some days it rings other days it just vibrates
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Twitter
    @Body_Bagz
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticalDreams View Post
    I appreciate everyone telling me how to shut down the V-Cast but that is only part of the problem.

Is this normal to have to use V-Cast to transfer files? Can't I just copy and paste or drag and drop from my computer connected as disk drive.

Do I have another bad egg? Because I can not mount as disk drive, mass storage, I can only do charge only or windows media sync

Is the only way to fix this is rooting the phone? Do I have to use the V-cast Manager to transfer files?

other issues involve pictures randomly being deleted, entire folders.
    When I do try and connect as mass storage it keeps trying to prepare sd card and always making that connection tone (like every 10 seconds)
    Alarm clock some days it rings other days it just vibrates
    First question...Have you installed the Motorola Drivers for the Droid X from Motorolas website?--->Motorola 4.7.1 Driver with MotoConnect*<---
    I would download that driver pack, install it, and then reboot your PC. After booting back up, then plug your phone in via USB cable and see if the problem persists.

Fact is, there is absolutely NO REASON you should be forced to use V-Cast for anything. Thats why there are 4 options listed for the USB connection on the phone...so that you have options of how to transfer/sync files.

Try the driver pack and let us know if it helps or has no effect and we can go from there...
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X Custom Setup
    You need to change the setting on the phone itself man. When you plug your phone in there's a notification that pops up on the phone. Pull down the dropdown, click on the notification, it'll give you some options. You want to select "Usb mass storage".
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Phone
    Note II, Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by maderschramm View Post
    You need to change the setting on the phone itself man. When you plug your phone in there's a notification that pops up on the phone. Pull down the dropdown, click on the notification, it'll give you some options. You want to select "Usb mass storage".
    I am not sure who this message is directed towards but it has really nothing to do with the issues that I was asking about.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X Custom Setup
    Actually, its exactly the answer to your question. When in usb mass storage your phone and sdcard work exactly like an external hard drive, meaning vcast is pointless
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links