It kinda works but it kinda doesn't. Here is a little background info so i can get your opinions. First off thanks for a fantastic website...i have learned so much. I truly appreciate it.
So first of, i have rooted and am using the 928 BlackGlass. There was a guide on how to do the quick z4? root with the computer software..just one click root. And then installed Droid X bootstrap all that jazz. I followed this guide here.
All-One-Guide to Rooting, Deodexing, and Installing a Custom ROM/Theme (And How to Unbrick Droid X) - Android Forums
So obviously i deodexed as well, and everything was dandy. Well here are the issues im having.
1. I know this is a known issue that a patch is supposed to fix...not sure if it has been released or if we are still waiting, but the text messages being out of order when you receive new ones. Super super annoying, but i can deal with it.
2. I always have one bar of reception no matter where i go. I have never failed to make a call or dropped a call, never experienced breaking up or anything like that, but texts seem to fail often and i cant stand the look of one red bar all the time. Kinda messed up.
3. Phone seems to lag quite a bit. When i click contacts and go to scroll down, its lags and glitches and freezes sometimes. For more than 4 or 5 seconds. Also pretty annoying..seeing as how i have a 1ghz processor...my 5 year old windows mobile phone didn't lag scrolling through photo's.
4. Also a known issue, but the music player being horrible...didn't really look into getting a replacement app yet, haven't really had time to sit down and so some good research since i got it. Music player will refuse to play based on file format, even thought i have played that song a million times. Song will pause in the middle of it and just not play. Or will not go to the next song when the now playing one is over. Gay.
5. Despite having Advance Task Killer (not always running, i only kill everything right before i put phone back in my pocket...) The phone is just slow. And 80% of the apps i kill come back in 4 seconds anyways...the ****. Even when im just trying to unlock it...the slide to unlock is slow and so is connect the dots.
6. Internet Browser - (trying both Dolphin HD and Browser) MY issue is only in FB, but i'll click a photo, page with load and it wont go anywhere. I'll click a notification for a status lets say, but it doesn't bring me to the status. It just brings me home. Decent FB app?
7. Voice command app painfully slow to open....5-8 seconds until i can speak.
8. When trying to move widgets from screen to screen, its extremely difficult. Sometimes takes 20 tries. I think the screen is messed up a little bit too because typing is not as accurate as it was the first day i got it.
9. SD card. Phone is constantly lagging when trying to view photo's and videos and music. SD card is constantly failing and saying it is corrupted.
10. Text message inbox. It will just show numbers and not their actual contact names. Contact Photo thumbnails take forever to load.
So what do you guys think? Go and try to get a replacement..i really do not want any other phone. Should i un root and go back to the stock rom? Or maybe try a different rom and see if it works any better?
edit: is there a 'clear temp. files' app?