new update to the Droid X with 2.2 is being pushed to owners, starting this week. Here are notes on the release -- enjoy!
Software Update for the DROID X by Motorola
Introduction We are pleased to announce a new software update for DROID X by Motorola. The software update (Motorola Version.2.3.340.MB810.Verizon.en.US/BP_C_01.09.07P) includes numerous enhancements.
For more information on Motorola updates and repairs, visit us at Motorola DROID X - Motorola, Inc. USA
Who Can Use This Release ALL DROID X by Motorola users. After downloading and installing the software update, you will notice:
Enhancements and Fixes:
Hope this helps some of you!
- Improved Android™ 2.2 (Froyo) stability
- Quicker wake-up of display when on a call
- Added Data Usage widget to help users track data consumption
- Improvements to Microsoft® Exchange ActiveSync®:
- Enhancements to corporate email sync and push stop
- PIN lock timeout now follows the server’s settings
- Enhancements to SMTP authentication
- Improvements to Visual Voice Mail:
- “Failed delivery to” message displays correctly when messages can’t be sent.
- Audio routes correctly to speaker, even when connected to a mono Bluetooth® headset
- Various media playback issues have been fixed and playback has been improved
- Weather widget stays with assigned location updates, not current location
- Enhanced audio sync when playing high quality WMV videos
- Clearer colors assigned to soft keys in applications such as Google Maps™
- In the Contacts widget, keyboard now appears when using “type to search”
- Available new apps: Madden NFL football game, Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1, and MyVerizon app (v5)
- Eliminated camera “Force Close” errors