DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Whooo hoooo

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X

Whooo hoooo

Ok so finally this coming Christmas will be the time to get my first smart phone The Droid X. So, starting off I bought some screen protectors and the Otterbox Defender case. I've been silently reading and not posting on her for monthes now. But I still have some questions that weren't made clear from reading. Rooting is the Droid equivilent to the Iphone Jailbreak does this mean it also makes the droid apps free like the Iphone? Also just want some basics on what I should know about the phone. I plan on rooting a month or so down the road. I don't want to just get the phone then automatically root it I want to be able to see the clear advantages of rooting first. I am a 18 year old manager at a computer place so I am decently computer savvy so I look foward to seeing the power this phone will contain.

Also I'm happy to join the Droid family!
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    Droid Maxx
    Rooting doesn't give you free apps. The Android Market is where you'd download most of your popular apps(paid or free). Being computer savvy and android savvy are completely different things.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang02 View Post
    Rooting doesn't give you free apps. The Android Market is where you'd download most of your popular apps(paid or free). Being computer savvy and android savvy are completely different things.
    As I know but I will catch on quick. So then you answered my question rooting does not give you the paid apps for free.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    Rooting wont really make your phone any faster or make it look any faster or automatically unlock things that werent there. From what i know rooting just allows you to do things to the phone that the phone manufacturer, ie motorola, does not want you to do. Things like putting a different ROM, slapping on a cool looking theme, or removing apps you could not before. And for getting free apps, i mean cmon theyre like what, at most 3-5 bucks for a really good app and most are around a dollhair. Support the dev of the app so he can make his work better. Plus there are ways to get free apps even without rooting but no i wont tell you how because i dont do that.
  5. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex_Luthor View Post
    Rooting wont really make your phone any faster or make it look any faster or automatically unlock things that werent there. From what i know rooting just allows you to do things to the phone that the phone manufacturer, ie motorola, does not want you to do. Things like putting a different ROM, slapping on a cool looking theme, or removing apps you could not before. And for getting free apps, i mean cmon theyre like what, at most 3-5 bucks for a really good app and most are around a dollhair. Support the dev of the app so he can make his work better. Plus there are ways to get free apps even without rooting but no i wont tell you how because i dont do that.

And also because you know discussions of that nature are not allowed in the Droid Forums, right?
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    And also because you know discussions of that nature are not allowed in the Droid Forums, right?[/QUOTE]

Uh...yes? jk but now i do.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex_Luthor View Post
    Yeah was just checking that is basically what I thought rooting did. Cool so basically gives me admin controls over the Droid x.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    Anything else I should be aware of before I recieve said device? Tips or tricks?
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    Paying for your apps instead of stealing them is a good piece of advice in my opinion.
    HTC THUNDERBOLT Rooted / Perfect Storm 1.2 ROM / Overclocked @ 1.80GHZ

Evolution : Droid 1 - Incredible - Droid X - Thunderbolt
  10. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Twitter
    DroidForums
    Phone
    [MDK] S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Westiedog View Post
    Anything else I should be aware of before I recieve said device? Tips or tricks?
    If you don't have a gmail account already, go ahead and get one

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links