Please correct me if I am wrong or misguided at any point. I have only rooted through 2.1 and 2.2 OTA via ADB. I do not have clockwork on, since I have been waiting to see a true 2.2 sbf come out. I am experienced in cooking roms for windows mobile devices since wm5, and every time we flashed a new rom, we would hard reset the device. As you can see I am new to the android.
I am thinking I want to do a reset on my DX since I have taken the 2.2 OTA. I am having the force battery status close on me, and it is lagging at times.
I have seen several mentions of "Factory Reset", "Private data", etc. I have mybackuppro and titanium backups of my data and contacts.
Please check me as I walk through my processes:
- make sure I have my contacts backed up; I am really only concerned about this since I can redownload all the apps I have installed and purchased. I will make a complete backup with both backup apps for kicks and giggles.
- Format SD Card
- Boot into recovery mode, factory reset
- Skip setting up my Gmail account, and turn off automatic restore
- Once cleared, go ahead and set up gmail
- Root through ADB
- restore contacts via mybackuppro or titanium
- start the process of reinstalling my apps
Should I change anything?
This is my plan for work tomorrow instead of sysadmin'ing =) Thanks all!