DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: What mode does everyone use??

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid X

What mode does everyone use??

I was using battery saver mode and just switched to smart mode...what is the difference and how do I know which one I should use. I mostly use my phone for calls, internet, texting, games and apps. I am also having a problem with checking for upgrades...when I go into the settings> about phone> system updates, it says check for updates unavailable please try again later and it has been like this for at least a week...anyone else have this problem?? I appreciate any advice and am sorry if this info is somehwere else on the boards but I could not find them.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    None
    All I can tell you is my experience with Smart Mode and Battery Saver Mode.

When I was using smart mode the battery life was unpredictable. Some days it would last all day, others I'd play a quick 5 minute game of Suduko at 90% and the battery was dying 2 hours later. I did a little reading and decided that ATK had to go. This seemed to help with the frequency of sudden battery deaths, but they still happened.

Since I've switched to battery saver mode the batter only dies if I use the phone a lot, say at least two or three hours of heavy use. The down side is the phone is less responsive. When I first start it takes longer to load and execute apps. GPS, wireless, etc may not kick in immediately when I start an app that needs them. The screen is more likely to be a bit too dim for the environment. The last I deal with by keeping a brightness widget handy. I know where it is so I can adjust the screen brightness even when I can't see the screen well.

For me it's worth it. This is my only phone. I need it to work, as a phone, all day.
    Last edited by TwerpPoet; 09-21-2010 at 03:23 PM. Reason: some spelling corrections, probably not all that needed corrected.

Links