DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Holster Do You Use With Extended Battery?

1. Droid
    Member #
    I bought the Shell/Holster combo from verizon glad too,i dropped phone twice and not a scratch or any damage. Fits nice and snugg and I charge it while DX is in the case .
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamb View Post
    I bought the Shell/Holster combo from verizon glad too,i dropped phone twice and not a scratch or any damage. Fits nice and snugg and I charge it while DX is in the case .
    Yup it is a nice case. Until you add the extended battery. It may have been okay for a while. However I took it out every night to put it in the desktop charger.
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x
    I have the shell holster combo from Verizon and loved until i got the extended battery which was the best investment i made for the X. Now i just need to protect it. Thats why i don't want just the holster. Is there a shell/holster combo designed for the extended battery???
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by lovingmydroid View Post
    I have the shell holster combo from Verizon and loved until i got the extended battery which was the best investment i made for the X. Now i just need to protect it. Thats why i don't want just the holster. Is there a shell/holster combo designed for the extended battery???

This is exactly what i am looking for.

1) A case SPECIFICALLY made for the Motorola extended battery

2) A belt clip holster (you slide the phone into the holster, not a pouch) SPECIFICALLY made to hold the phone with extended battery WITH a case on.

^^^ I don't think there is such a combo unfortunately...

I bought the pouch the one pictured in this thread.... Its not as convenient as the holster where you just slide your phone in....
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by lovingmydroid View Post
    My favorite set up that i am using right now is the shell/holster combo, but instead of the shell, using the high gloss silicone. It seems to slide into the holster better than the shell that came with it. Plus gives better protection!
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    And it works great with the extended battery on! That's how i am using right now
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    This is very interesting. So you are using a silicone shell over your extended battery and fits perfectly plus you can slide it in your holster with ease just like if you didnt have the extended battery ?

Do you have a picture of the silicone cover that your talking about ?

My favorite set up that i am using right now is the shell/holster combo, but instead of the shell, using the high gloss silicone. It seems to slide into the holster better than the shell that came with it. Plus gives better protection![/QUOTE]
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by SOLO1 View Post
    This is very interesting. So you are using a silicone shell over your extended battery and fits perfectly plus you can slide it in your holster with ease just like if you didnt have the extended battery ?

It is the high gloss silicone cover offered from verizon. I don't have a picture of it but it is on their website. mine fits perfectly fine with my extended battery, i have read on here that some people report the opening where the usb and hdmi port are is a little bent oddly, but it doesn't really affect any part of it.
    I am using it in conjunction with the holster part of the verizon shell/holster combination, since the shell part doesnt fit as well with the extended battery.
    And yes, it slides in and out of the holster perfectly fine, its smoother sliding than the shell that comes with it, probably because it is silicone versus plastic.
    Ill see if i can get some pictures of it later one when I am back home...
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thats good to know because with the shell over the extended battery you have to use 2 hands to slide it in and out of the holster because its so tight. Glad to know this is a solution...

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatched View Post

It is the high gloss silicone cover offered from verizon. I don't have a picture of it but it is on their website. mine fits perfectly fine with my extended battery, i have read on here that some people report the opening where the usb and hdmi port are is a little bent oddly, but it doesn't really affect any part of it.
    I am using it in conjunction with the holster part of the verizon shell/holster combination, since the shell part doesnt fit as well with the extended battery.
    And yes, it slides in and out of the holster perfectly fine, its smoother sliding than the shell that comes with it, probably because it is silicone versus plastic.
    Ill see if i can get some pictures of it later one when I am back home...
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    Thats good to know because with the shell over the extended battery you have to use 2 hands to slide it in and out of the holster because its so tight. Glad to know this is a solution...
    It is with my phone at least. I can't guarantee that it will work for everyone, because some people report some fitment issues with the hg silicone cover while mine fits on my phone 100% fine. The clear plastic case and the platinum case also fit good with my phone and slide well with that holster. The shell/holster is the best 20 bucks i spent at verizon, because it can hold my phone with almost any of the numerous cases i have purchased. i believe you said you already have that holster, i recommend trying it out with any other cases. if the silicone turns out to not fit perfectly for you, try some of the hard covers, you could always test them out in the VZ store before purchasing (they always let me no problems). Just a simple recommendation! I have the clip holster that comes with the platinum case that works with lots of the other cases, but my favorite holster is def the slide one that comes with the combo
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links