DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battery only charger

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid x

Battery only charger

I have seen some cheap battery only chargers for the droid x battery and curious to see if anyone has tried them out, and if so, do they work?
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    bigdoctorb
    Phone
    Droid Maxx
    I also was looking into something similar because I recently ordered the extended battery and was hoping to be able to keep both charged. I ordered one from ebay for $5 and will be happy to report any findings... although it probably wont get here for another 2-3 weeks...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Verizon has them for $12 and they work very well.

They have multi battery stations, but the recesses are actually very shallow and a bit tricky to insert the battery so it charges. Yeah you can insert the battery but it's not touching the contacts and wont charge, wait for the red charging light before you walk away. It's great having two batteries, use the heck out our your Droid get home, pop in the fully charged one and out you go.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery only charger-img_20100920_015918.jpg  
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Maxx
    I have one of the ebay wall battery chargers and it works fine, but charges very slow. I would say 5-6 hours from 20%. I know the ebay ones are cheaper, but the Verizon one is probably built better.
    Attached Images  
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Ha!!!! I'm gonna have to buy one....I have 3 batteries (didn't have to pay for the 2 extras).

But I always carry a spare with me to work...just in case.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid x
    I ended up ordering from ebay just to try it out... saw the moto chargers but since it didnt talk about the x battery I didnt want to spend that much to try something out. Hopefully my charger gets here soon, but its probably on the slow boat.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    If anyone has purchased a non brand battery for the droid X and is on the 2.2 froyo your battery will not charge in your phone. You can still use it but the battery indicator has a question mark.

Motorola is very annoying not allowing other batteries to be charged in the phone.
    Second chargers are a good solution but don't get stuck on buying a charger that is worthless. You pay for what you get.

Here are 2 other chargers to add to the list. I own both and they they do charge the battery.

Clip Charger: Cool concept I can charge other batteries so when I upgrade I can still use.

Cradle: Desk Docking Station and second battery charger. I use this at work looks slick with Chrome finish.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    iphone
    where did you find it?
    my new love-Droid
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Cururipur View Post
    If anyone has purchased a non brand battery for the droid X and is on the 2.2 froyo your battery will not charge in your phone. You can still use it but the battery indicator has a question mark.

Motorola is very annoying not allowing other batteries to be charged in the phone.
    Second chargers are a good solution but don't get stuck on buying a charger that is worthless. You pay for what you get.

Here are 2 other chargers to add to the list. I own both and they they do charge the battery.

Clip Charger: Cool concept I can charge other batteries so when I upgrade I can still use.

Cradle: Desk Docking Station and second battery charger. I use this at work looks slick with Chrome finish.
    I think that maybe you got a bad battery or the official 2.2 is different than the leak. I have 2 ebay batteries and both charge fine in my phone. The only problem that I have with them is they don't last very long. They seem to get about 1/4 of the stock batteries life. Good for a backup though.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by Cururipur View Post

Amazon lists the cradle one as currently unavailable. Anyone else have leads on others?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links