DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Long Did You Wait For Your Extended Battery ??

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

How Long Did You Wait For Your Extended Battery ??

Hi everyone,

I ordered the Motorola Droid X Extended Battery 3 weeks ago online at verizonwireless.com. I called them up today and they still cannot tell me a time table on when it will be back in stock. I know its a hot commodity but I cannot get ANY info on when they think its going to be back in stock..

How long did you guys wait IF you waited for the extended battery ???

Thank you

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Did they charge your card without sending it?
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Hi Slothead,

No, they did not charge my card. The reason why I am not looking elsewhere is I entered a promo code way back and locked in a good price... though I am beginning to think if its worth continuing to wait since it passed the 3 week mark. I really need the extra power since I use it alot for work and to have Verizon tell me after 3 weeks of waiting, "Its still out of stock, no timetable at all on due date, you have to wait." gets a little tiresome
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    its avail now on the website...

now do you mind sharing that promo code
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by SOLO1 View Post
    Hi Slothead,

No, they did not charge my card. The reason why I am not looking elsewhere is I entered a promo code way back and locked in a good price... though I am beginning to think if its worth continuing to wait since it passed the 3 week mark. I really need the extra power since I use it alot for work and to have Verizon tell me after 3 weeks of waiting, "Its still out of stock, no timetable at all on due date, you have to wait." gets a little tiresome
    That sounds reasonable. Is that promo code still in effect? I'll order one too as long as they are not going to charge me until it ships. I remember the "free" battery covers for the Droid 1. I ordered 3 and never did get them!
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE
    I just ordered one with the free overnight promo code. It doesn't say anything about sold out or preorder. In fact, I just checked this on Saturday and Sunday of this past weekend and the extended battery wasn't even there. I imagine they have them in stock now.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Maybe I lied, this was in my confirmation email just now:

Your order has been received. Pre-orders will ship when the item becomes available. We reserve the right to limit quantities. Customer signature is required at the time of delivery. You cannot change your shipping address after you submit the order. We will contact you if we need additional information to complete your order or if the item is out of stock or no longer available. If you have any questions, contact us at InternetOrders@Verizonwireless.com . Be sure to include your order reference number.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Hi Slothead,

Sorry that promo code is not valid anymore because my sister tried to use it and it said expired.. That was 3 weeks ago.....

Quote Originally Posted by Slothead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SOLO1 View Post
    Hi Slothead,

That sounds reasonable. Is that promo code still in effect? I'll order one too as long as they are not going to charge me until it ships. I remember the "free" battery covers for the Droid 1. I ordered 3 and never did get them!
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    I dont think its a good way to tell customers "We have no timetable, you have to wait" I dont understand over 3 weeks of waiting the only explanation I got was the statement that I just wrote..
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Funny. I just went through this yesterday. I ordered on 8/18 with the 30% off promo and got a message the next day saying the battery was on backorder and it would be processed when it became available. I noticed yesterday that the battery was back on the website so I called up. The gal said internally they had a few available so she'd push my order back into processing. 10 minutes later I got an order canceled notice saying the item was no longer available. I called back and was on hold for a bit before having them say they would have to call me back after talking to the processing manager. I did get a call back from the processing manager who resubmitted my order with the 30% off for me and the battery shipped out yesterday. It's on my doorstep today.

They did tell me that it's a hot item and they can't keep it in stock. They told me they ended up placing the order directly against a warehouse that had it in stock or something. Whatever they did, it's still tough to get. I'd check back a few times. At the very least you are locked in at the promo price.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links