DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which Steinheil Protector??

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    DX
    I just got the crystal yesterday and i'm loving it. everything has been pretty responsive and quick for me
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    Droid Maxx
    I have the crystal. Can't even tell it's on there.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DriodX
    I put on the crystal clear and I hate it. It was a replacement for the full body kit which had a tinted lense. The original tinted lense went on perfect. The only issues was I couldn't see the screen outdoors. I'd have to put my hand over it, turn away from the sun or find shade. The body kit was total crap and is peeling off now. I found one side peice I forgot to put on and I put it on without the spray. That one feels smooth, no bubbles or orange peel like the other peices which I followed the instructions and used the spray. Anhow, they only replaced the lense. I put it on and it was full of dust. I had cleaned the phone previous to install. I used all the stickers to remove the dust but still had massive amount of bubbles. I tried eashing it and reapplying and I still have bubbles. I tried the squeege and still have bubbles and spots. I am not happy with this product or company. The crystal clear looks like crap.
  4. oo3
    Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    The ultra clear is the way to go. Period.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I got the crystal about 3 days ago. I can't even tell there's a screen protector on.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Rezound
    The crystal is the best shield I've used on any of my devices. Just a cautionary note that's true with any shield.....take your time applying it. If you got a can of compressed air around, have it ready (works real nice to spray the screen just before applying the shield). When you clear the screen of specs, apply the shield immediately....it's amazing how quick it can accumulate dust in no time flat. Plan out how you're gonna apply it in advance and keep the sticky tape handy. If you can get it down on the first take without dust underneath it's a real accomplishment....I haven't been able to do that yet. It is very easy to get frustrated if you think you can just pull the thing out of the box and apply it in a few seconds 'cause you won't get a good result.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DriodX
    My crystal shield sucks period. It looks like crap, like millions of scratches or dust. The original one (tinted version) was crystal clear without any bubbles, dust or scratches. The crystal one I received as a replacement is worse then the $1 ebay version. Seriously, the $1 one had less bubbles, no scratches or dust. I should just ask for a refund on both the lense cover and the body kit they never replaced.

I ordered the carbon fiber body kit (includes 2 lense covers, steinheil only gives you 1) for $15 less then the Stenheil. I think the crystal clear will go in the trash.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    bigdoctorb
    Phone
    Droid Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by goracer View Post
    My crystal shield sucks period. It looks like crap, like millions of scratches or dust. The original one (tinted version) was crystal clear without any bubbles, dust or scratches. The crystal one I received as a replacement is worse then the $1 ebay version. Seriously, the $1 one had less bubbles, no scratches or dust. I should just ask for a refund on both the lense cover and the body kit they never replaced.

I ordered the carbon fiber body kit (includes 2 lense covers, steinheil only gives you 1) for $15 less then the Stenheil. I think the crystal clear will go in the trash.
    I'm not sure which one you were using, but based on your other post I'm going to wager you aren't using Steinheil, but some other brand. They don't sell a "tinted" full body protector as far as I'm aware. Most in this thread are talking about the Steinheil Ultra Crystal screen protectors. They come in a pack of two for $14 (and you got one for apparently over $15), so I don't know what type you are talking about.

I have to say after using one of the 3M type screen protectors that required you to wet the screen, as well as the generic verizon ones over the years, I put this thing on in about 45 seconds and have had zero complaints. Perhaps I'm not as particular about dust / specks under the screen, but I haven't really noticed anything.

9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    kdkinc
    Phone
    DroidX, Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by chrmbly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by goracer View Post

I'm not sure which one you were using, but based on your other post I'm going to wager you aren't using Steinheil, but some other brand. They don't sell a "tinted" full body protector as far as I'm aware. Most in this thread are talking about the Steinheil Ultra Crystal screen protectors. They come in a pack of two for $14 (and you got one for apparently over $15), so I don't know what type you are talking about.

I have to say after using one of the 3M type screen protectors that required you to wet the screen, as well as the generic verizon ones over the years, I put this thing on in about 45 seconds and have had zero complaints. Perhaps I'm not as particular about dust / specks under the screen, but I haven't really noticed anything.

+1 Steinheil really IS the best deal. I,m currently using the non-Finger print version but may also try the Crystal version soon. Then I'll one of each as a back up.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I'm using the anti-fingerprint one. I like the feel of the matted surface, and lack of fingerprints. It is a large improvement over the standard ones Verizon sells.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links