DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rocketfish case vs ebay case

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Thumbs up Rocketfish case vs ebay case

I bought best buy's rocketfish droid x case. Soft robberized finish....slim and fits tightly. But, $25 is a bit ridiculous for 2 pieces of flimsy plastic.

Best Buy:
    http://bit.ly/bCgntA

So, I made a gamble on a $5 ebay case. Just got it. It's a 98% match to the Rocket Fish...and for over $20 less! I think it's actually better because they provide a fingernail notch to pry it off. Plus, the holes on the back are cut much more precisely than best buy's.

ebay:
    New Black Hard Cover Case For Motorola Droid X MB810 - eBay (item 220643007785 end time Aug-24-10 01:10:28 PDT)

$5....that's more like it!
    Last edited by jk12; 08-05-2010 at 11:47 PM.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I really appreciate this posting, I had every intention of purchasing a Rocketfish case when my phone came in.

My one question is: how rubbery are we talking? Any lint attraction or pocket stickiness?
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Question

Quote Originally Posted by kerbstomp View Post
    I really appreciate this posting, I had every intention of purchasing a Rocketfish case when my phone came in.

My one question is: how rubbery are we talking? Any lint attraction or pocket stickiness?
    Texture is very similar to the droid x's rubberized finish. Not quite as nice, but extremely close. It's a hard plastic not silicone, too. Also, FYI, best buy's pic isn't totally accurate. The phone from the back doesn't even appear to be an X. Plus the holes don't look like the one I bought (and will soon be returning).
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I had just noticed that, from the back of the picture online it almost looks as though the case was made for the EVO...with an elongated slot for (I'm assuming) a kickstand.

So no pocket resistance?
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    No more than a naked droid
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by jk12 View Post
    I bought best buy's rocketfish droid x case. Soft robberized finish....slim and fits tightly. But, $25 is a bit ridiculous for 2 pieces of flimsy plastic.
    I bought the "rubberized snap on case droid x" for my DX from Amazon based entirely on the pictures there. It seemed almost IDENTICAL in every way to the rocketfish case at Best Buy. I couldn't see the back of the rocketfish, but the case I bought had two separate holes for the speaker and mic. It must have come from the same Chinese factory. If that's the case you want then save yourself some cash and buy it at Amazon. Check out my review there! That sounds like a commercial!
    Last edited by SaurusX; 08-09-2010 at 05:50 AM.
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by SaurusX View Post
    I bought the "rubberized snap on case droid x" for my DX from Amazon based entirely on the pictures there. It seemed almost IDENTICAL in every way to the rocketfish case at Best Buy. I couldn't see the back of the rocketfish, but the case I bought had two separate holes for the speaker and mic. It must have come from the same Chinese factory. If that's the case you want then save yourself some cash and buy it at Amazon. Check out my review there! That sounds like a commercial!

Hey thanks for the tip. I'm going to see how this is for $3.00 What have I got to lose?
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    fits ext battery?
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownstotheBone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SaurusX View Post

Hey thanks for the tip. I'm going to see how this is for $3.00 What have I got to lose?

Quoting myself to follow up on this case I got from Amazon with SaurusX's help ;-)

It was .01 cent w/ $2.98 shipping. I haven't been to Best Buy to see the Rocketfish case but it can't be $22 better.

This was exactly what I was looking for... at least for now... for starters anyhow.

Thanks SaurusX!!

Amazon.com: Rubberized Snap On Hard Case Cover for Motorola DROID X, Black: Everything Else

10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Brownstothebone, that was actually how the case I bought was pictured. The one I receieved was more in the shape of the rocketfish case for the front, but with separate form-fitted cutouts for the speaker and mic in the back. Very confusing.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links