DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Rocketfish case vs ebay case

  1. Droid
    jk12's Avatar
    Member #
    8928
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    31
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #1

    Thumbs up Rocketfish case vs ebay case

    I bought best buy's rocketfish droid x case. Soft robberized finish....slim and fits tightly. But, $25 is a bit ridiculous for 2 pieces of flimsy plastic.

    Best Buy:
    http://bit.ly/bCgntA

    So, I made a gamble on a $5 ebay case. Just got it. It's a 98% match to the Rocket Fish...and for over $20 less! I think it's actually better because they provide a fingernail notch to pry it off. Plus, the holes on the back are cut much more precisely than best buy's.

    ebay:
    New Black Hard Cover Case For Motorola Droid X MB810 - eBay (item 220643007785 end time Aug-24-10 01:10:28 PDT)

    $5....that's more like it!
    Last edited by jk12; 08-05-2010 at 11:47 PM.
  2. Junior Droid
    kerbstomp's Avatar
    Member #
    98899
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Midwest USA
    Posts
    6
    Phone
    Droid X
    #2
    I really appreciate this posting, I had every intention of purchasing a Rocketfish case when my phone came in.

    My one question is: how rubbery are we talking? Any lint attraction or pocket stickiness?
  3. Droid
    jk12's Avatar
    Member #
    8928
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    31
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #3

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by kerbstomp View Post
    I really appreciate this posting, I had every intention of purchasing a Rocketfish case when my phone came in.

    My one question is: how rubbery are we talking? Any lint attraction or pocket stickiness?
    Texture is very similar to the droid x's rubberized finish. Not quite as nice, but extremely close. It's a hard plastic not silicone, too. Also, FYI, best buy's pic isn't totally accurate. The phone from the back doesn't even appear to be an X. Plus the holes don't look like the one I bought (and will soon be returning).
  4. Junior Droid
    kerbstomp's Avatar
    Member #
    98899
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Midwest USA
    Posts
    6
    Phone
    Droid X
    #4
    I had just noticed that, from the back of the picture online it almost looks as though the case was made for the EVO...with an elongated slot for (I'm assuming) a kickstand.

    So no pocket resistance?
  5. Droid
    jk12's Avatar
    Member #
    8928
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    31
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #5
    No more than a naked droid
  6. Junior Droid
    SaurusX's Avatar
    Member #
    94173
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    12
    Phone
    Droid X
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by jk12 View Post
    I bought best buy's rocketfish droid x case. Soft robberized finish....slim and fits tightly. But, $25 is a bit ridiculous for 2 pieces of flimsy plastic.
    I bought the "rubberized snap on case droid x" for my DX from Amazon based entirely on the pictures there. It seemed almost IDENTICAL in every way to the rocketfish case at Best Buy. I couldn't see the back of the rocketfish, but the case I bought had two separate holes for the speaker and mic. It must have come from the same Chinese factory. If that's the case you want then save yourself some cash and buy it at Amazon. Check out my review there! That sounds like a commercial!
    Last edited by SaurusX; 08-09-2010 at 05:50 AM.
  7. BrownstotheBone's Avatar
    Member #
    108468
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    32
    Phone
    Droid X
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by SaurusX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jk12 View Post
    I bought best buy's rocketfish droid x case. Soft robberized finish....slim and fits tightly. But, $25 is a bit ridiculous for 2 pieces of flimsy plastic.
    I bought the "rubberized snap on case droid x" for my DX from Amazon based entirely on the pictures there. It seemed almost IDENTICAL in every way to the rocketfish case at Best Buy. I couldn't see the back of the rocketfish, but the case I bought had two separate holes for the speaker and mic. It must have come from the same Chinese factory. If that's the case you want then save yourself some cash and buy it at Amazon. Check out my review there! That sounds like a commercial!

    Hey thanks for the tip. I'm going to see how this is for $3.00 What have I got to lose?
  8. Droid
    makaveliq3's Avatar
    Member #
    106873
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    67
    Phone
    Droid X
    #8
    fits ext battery?
  9. BrownstotheBone's Avatar
    Member #
    108468
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    32
    Phone
    Droid X
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownstotheBone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SaurusX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jk12 View Post
    I bought best buy's rocketfish droid x case. Soft robberized finish....slim and fits tightly. But, $25 is a bit ridiculous for 2 pieces of flimsy plastic.
    I bought the "rubberized snap on case droid x" for my DX from Amazon based entirely on the pictures there. It seemed almost IDENTICAL in every way to the rocketfish case at Best Buy. I couldn't see the back of the rocketfish, but the case I bought had two separate holes for the speaker and mic. It must have come from the same Chinese factory. If that's the case you want then save yourself some cash and buy it at Amazon. Check out my review there! That sounds like a commercial!

    Hey thanks for the tip. I'm going to see how this is for $3.00 What have I got to lose?

    Quoting myself to follow up on this case I got from Amazon with SaurusX's help ;-)

    It was .01 cent w/ $2.98 shipping. I haven't been to Best Buy to see the Rocketfish case but it can't be $22 better.

    This was exactly what I was looking for... at least for now... for starters anyhow.

    Thanks SaurusX!!

    Amazon.com: Rubberized Snap On Hard Case Cover for Motorola DROID X, Black: Everything Else




  10. Junior Droid
    SaurusX's Avatar
    Member #
    94173
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    12
    Phone
    Droid X
    #10
    Brownstothebone, that was actually how the case I bought was pictured. The one I receieved was more in the shape of the rocketfish case for the front, but with separate form-fitted cutouts for the speaker and mic in the back. Very confusing.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-05-2010, 09:13 AM
  2. Great case on ebay (w/ belt loop, velcro)
    By jbs1976 in forum Android Accessories
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-28-2010, 07:07 PM
  3. Vote to get Vroom case made for Motorola Droid at Case Mate!
    By anjoga in forum Android Accessories
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-05-2010, 06:43 AM
  4. Droid case off of ebay
    By drikus in forum Android Accessories
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-25-2010, 07:18 PM
  5. Items NOT TO BUY From eBay -- Battery Charger & Case
    By USMCsilver in forum Android Accessories
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-30-2009, 02:09 PM

Search tags for this page

motorola triumph case rocketfish
,
motorola triumph rocketfish
,
motorola triumph rocketfish case
,
rocketfish case motorola triumph
,

rocketfish droid x case

,
rocketfish motorola triumph
,
rocketfish motorola triumph case
,
rocketfish phone cases
,
rocketfish skinny case
,
rocketfish triumph case
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+