DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Verizon Wireless Screen Protectors

1. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    I used one of my gf's anti-glare protectors on my D1 and it reminded me of the screen brightness hack! Needless to say, I'm back on the normal ones now!

DroidForums junkie!
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    I had noticed the 'haze' look of the Verizon screen protector i applied when I got my Droid X. I've always used screen protectors and it seemed like it was just a bad apple in the pack or something. I actually wasted the first one thinking something was wrong with it and applied another with the same hazy look. When I asked the Verizon store rep on my next time there he said its just what Verizon decided to stock as the official Droid X screen protector...'anti glare'. I personally like a crystal clear screen and have little glare issues but ill have to wait and order some from another site.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    A4500 Q9n
    The VZW protectors suck just because they only cover the "screen" portion of the screen. Really looks stupid. Weak.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    The VZW screen protectors are JUNK!!! Anti-glare kills what's a rather nice display. Get a ZAGG invisible shield and you wont look back!

5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note
    ZAGG screen sucks. Royal PITA to install correctly and even then, it has a tacky feel do it along with orange peel skin texture and it made the screen crystal like. Whata waste of $20
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    A4500 Q9n
    After using the VZW screen protectors (glossy) I kinda like them. Even though they dont cover the entire screen, with my commuter they only leave the top black bar where motorola is written exposed. They are basically 1 shot installs and if you get a speck under it you junk it, but besides that, they are nice.

Installation process - Clean screen completely, keep it covered. Do it in a very dust free environment. For me, outside my house was better than inside because I have cats and a small dog. Leave the screen cleaned and covered and as soon as you take the sticker off the screen protector get that baby down on the droid. The longer you keep the sticker off with the protector not on the screen the larger chance you have of a piece of dust landing on the protector, or worse, a fine hair that is almost impossible to remove.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    The orange peel texture...I wouldn't call it that. I've never felt it on my fingers. To even see it you have to hold the screen at just the right angle with the light. Starting off with the iphone 2g I went through a ton of different screen protectors. It wasn't until I used the Zagg that I found one that I never needed to replace. They may not be the easiest to install but I can think of much more difficult things...like trying to open the hard inner case on my otterbox defender.

In the end everyone has their own likes and dislikes...I can't for the life of me understand how people can use and like the antiglare...

8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note
    Otterbox screen protectors go on soooooo much easier, look and feel better then zaggs. I wish they would sell them seperate from cases

Sent from my DROIDX
    In the tech world, if you always wait for the latest and greatest, you will always have nothing.
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Yeah but the one on the defender blows...leaves watermarks like nobodies business. I removed it and put the zagg on underneith. I may get that other one ultra clear or w/e for 13.99 for my wife's DX

10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Galaxy SIII
    I prefer the Seidio Crystal Clear protectors. I've been through various brands of the wet install types (like Zagg) and they do not compare to the plastic, static cling type protectors like Seidio and Steinheil in terms of clarity and smoothness.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links