DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Droid X Armband???

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Droid X Armband???

Does anyone know if and where i can buy an armband to workout with that will fit my Droid X? I just gave my wife the old ipod touch and armband. Thanks to the X I can finally consolidate lol.

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    I haven't seen any accessories like that yet for the Droid X, but I'm sure they're coming soon. However, for the mean time, I would say any accessory that would fit an HTC Evo would also fit the Droid X. So you might want to check those out.

Just an idea.

X
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I tried to put my Droid X in my iPhone/iPod touch armband and it would not fit. I've searched online but even the armbands for Evo 4G are too small according to the dimensions, and I haven't been able to find any armbands for the Incredible yet. I'll keep looking...

EDIT: I found this armband that looks promising as far as fit goes...It says that it is 6" tall, which should cover the Droid X even with my case on it (hopefully). Let me know what you think.
    http://www.target.com/TG4072BK-Sportline-Armband-Music-Holder/dp/B00254BLY8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&searchView=grid5&qid=1279334054 &frombrowse=0&fromGsearch=true&node=1038576|128799 1011&keywords=armband&searchSize=30&id=TG4072BK%20 Sportline%20Armband%20Music%20Holder&searchBinName List=subjectbin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&searchNodeID=1038576|1287991011&searchRank=tar get104545&sr=1-3&searchPage=1&rh=

EDIT AGAIN: I bought this armband at Target (in the Sporting Goods section rather than Electronics with the other armbands) and tried it out today. It is made very well, but the Droid X is too big for it, even without a case on it. I squeezed it into the armband and almost 1 inch still hangs out, but it is very snug so I don't think it will fall out. I'm hoping that someone makes an armband for the Droid X soon, but until then I'll keep using this one.
    Last edited by jrUTlaw; 07-18-2010 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Update
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x
    I'm going to try and see if I can find one at a target to see if it will fit. I want an arm band too to use with runstar and some tunes when I'm out for a jog.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Any more updates on this? I'm very interested in an armband to fit the Droid X. Googling for "droid x armband" turns up a few shopping results, but when you click through, they all look like they're for the original Droid.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    my blackberry storm armband works surprisingly, the top of it is neoprene so its stretches tall enough to cover the top of the X.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicxtacy02 View Post
    my blackberry storm armband works surprisingly, the top of it is neoprene so its stretches tall enough to cover the top of the X.
    Can you post a link? Thanks.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    its just a generic case from ebay. Looks exactly like this one

Black Gym Sporty Armband Case - Blackberry Storm 9530 - eBay (item 220425926572 end time Jul-26-10 03:35:00 PDT)

It has the plastic that covers the touchscreen, the 95% of the screen is still visible and controllable.

For the record there are also droid X "compatible" armbands on ebay.. for instance,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_3318wt_822
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Arkon makes an armband:

It slides in the pocket and sticks out a little bit, but it's snug and shouldn't fall out. You can cut a slit at the top so that the lip holds the phone, if you want.

Arkon Mega Grip Smartphone Mount for Motorola Droid X, Droid, and Devour
    Products> Accessories> scroll down
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I modified one from OIC that I had that I used to use with my Zune 80gig. It's neoprene so streches to fit the phone. I just cut out the window for a little easier access to the touch screen. The top of the phone sticks out a little but it's snug enough that I don't worry. Then I attached it to the shoulder strap of my Stealth CamelBak and I'm set.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Links