DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Droid X and usb car stereo

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Twitter
    KillaKawi
    Phone
    HTC One-Blue
    I put my name on the list for the droid x here at my store but that doesnt mean anything. Each store will only get a certain amount of the initial shipment. So i would suggest you go to either best buy or your verizon store and pre-order.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Jedi View Post
    I put my name on the list for the droid x here at my store but that doesnt mean anything. Each store will only get a certain amount of the initial shipment. So i would suggest you go to either best buy or your verizon store and pre-order.
    Can you pre-order online, over the phone or just in-store? I understood Verizon isn't pre-ordering?
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by dinosaur1 View Post
    Here is the main issue now....I have until 7/24 to return my iPhone 4. How hard will it be to actually get a Droid X. on 7/15? My understanding is that some people who ordered their htc Incredible's are still waiting.
    you can pre-order them at best buy. but personally i would rather have no phone and have to wait for an android phone then have a i phone that you can't hold without a case
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    X
    Quote Originally Posted by baniels View Post
    I currently have the Alpine IDA-X303 in my car attached to my iPhone 4 via USB cable I get phone calls and it charges whilenpkayong music. An aux input has and quality andnit won't charge the Droid. What cable would Ibuse to connect the Droid?

I've got the X305. If you figure this out, let me know.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by dinosaur1 View Post
    Here is the main issue now....I have until 7/24 to return my iPhone 4. How hard will it be to actually get a Droid X. on 7/15? My understanding is that some people who ordered their htc Incredible's are still waiting.
    According to the CSR from Verizon I talked to this morning, they beefed up production on the X's to prevent the issues they had with the Incredibles... She said mine should arrive by the 16th.... (Take this with a grain of salt, as we are all aware of the reliability of CSR's, but this lady was super SUPER awesome, so I trust her ;-) )

As far as the car audio discussion goes, I would highly recommend using bluetooth audio or at least AUX versus USB. The only advantage to USB is that it charges your phone. There are several reasons I prefer bluetooth vs. AUX, for starters, there are no wires, and with my current setup I can control my phone from my stereo... play and pause, skip tracks, place/answer phone calls. Both Bluetooth and AUX will allow anything that would come out of your phones speaker to be passed through to your car stereo... be it music, streaming music, navigation instructions, even the audio from voice calls if you so desire. With bluetooth (if you're receiver supports the AVRCP bluetooth profile) you can get playback controls (play pause fwd back) on your headunit, and potentially on your steering wheel.

You basically have two options for bluetooth, for a purely wireless setup you could buy a bluetooth headunit, which aren't cheap, I went with the Sony MEX-BT5700, and I absolutely love it, I think I paid like 200 or 250

You're other bluetooth option is a product like the Kensington LiquidAUX Bluetooth car kit. These things used to be like 25 bucks, but it looks like they are running around 75 now.... The Blackberry Remote Stereo Gateway should also work, and those run about 50 bucks. You can look for other products that fit your specific needs, just make sure they are at least A2DP capable for minimum functionality.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    im sure somewhere behind your head unit, or in front there is a audio jack input for AUX.

Im going to be getting the car mount, and hook it up like that
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    X
    The only input I have found in the owner's manualis the USB input. The additional inputs are for other Alpine add-ons or amps.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links