DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Awesome Screen Protection--DIRT CHEAP

  1. Junior Droid
    Happyappy's Avatar
    Member #
    92289
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    18
    Phone
    Droid X, Nexus 7
    #1

    Awesome Screen Protection--DIRT CHEAP

    I just received and applied a new screen protector from monoprice.com. The fit and transparency is much better than the product sold by verizon. I cannot tell it's on the phone.

    Best part...it costs 76 cents.

    Screen Protective Film w/High Transparency Finish for Motorola Droid X | Motorola Droid X

    You will have to pay shipping but that is cheap too.

    Check out their prices on charging cords and covers too. For some reason they only appear to stock these items for the DX.

    Monoprice is a great place to buy any sort of electronic cord or (HDMI, component cables, speaker wire, etc.) Very professional company and dirt cheap prices on high quality items. I know this may come across as spam but I'm not affiliated with the company in any way. I'm really not sure how (or why) they sell this stuff so much cheaper than everyone else.
    Last edited by Happyappy; 06-03-2011 at 07:46 AM.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Senior Droid
    Zecpull's Avatar
    Member #
    7867
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Wooster, Ohio
    Posts
    178
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    zecpull
    Phone
    Bionic and Rezond switching
    #2
    I think the Screen protection people have already figured out what a Lot of us found out a long time ago, that the Gorilla glass is almost Scratch proof...and we are not going to Spend 9.99 for a thin piece of Plastic... 80 cents.. maybe .and I am sure they still profit.
    I bet Corning wishes they got 9 bucks a Screen for the Glass.
  4. Junior Droid
    rynosaur's Avatar
    Member #
    195675
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    VRZ Droid X
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Happyappy View Post

    Check out their prices on charging cords and covers too. For some reason they only appear to stock these items for the DX.

    Monoprice is a great place to buy any sort of electronic cord or (HDMI, component cables, speaker wire, etc.) Very professional company and dirt cheap prices on high quality items. I know this may come across as spam but I'm not affiliated with the company in any way. I'm really not sure how (or why) they sell this stuff so much cheaper than everyone else.

    Thanks for the Up, good price!

    I do think it's ironic that a place named "Monoprice" sells the screen protectors at different prices depending on the quantity ordered
  5. Junior Droid
    Happyappy's Avatar
    Member #
    92289
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    18
    Phone
    Droid X, Nexus 7
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by rynosaur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Happyappy View Post

    Check out their prices on charging cords and covers too. For some reason they only appear to stock these items for the DX.

    Monoprice is a great place to buy any sort of electronic cord or (HDMI, component cables, speaker wire, etc.) Very professional company and dirt cheap prices on high quality items. I know this may come across as spam but I'm not affiliated with the company in any way. I'm really not sure how (or why) they sell this stuff so much cheaper than everyone else.

    Thanks for the Up, good price!

    I do think it's ironic that a place named "Monoprice" sells the screen protectors at different prices depending on the quantity ordered
    I haven't figured that one out either.
  6. Droid Ninja
    johnomaz's Avatar
    Member #
    87119
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Central Valley, California
    Posts
    2,252
    Liked
    394 times
    Phone
    HTC One M8
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Zecpull View Post
    I think the Screen protection people have already figured out what a Lot of us found out a long time ago, that the Gorilla glass is almost Scratch proof...and we are not going to Spend 9.99 for a thin piece of Plastic... 80 cents.. maybe .and I am sure they still profit.
    I bet Corning wishes they got 9 bucks a Screen for the Glass.
    Sorry man, but I take very good care of my phone. My right-front pocket is reserved for my phone only no matter what. I have a scratch on my DX's screen from who knows what. Gorilla Glass is good, but its not scratch proof, its scratch resistant.

    As for Monoprice though, their products rock. My entire school district buys their refilled toner cartridges and we have a VERY low failure rate. We buy all cables from them. My TV wall mount at home was from them for $50 and one like it in stores is easily over $200-$300. They are a company that realizes that they can make a lot of money without beating the hell out of the customer with price of products. I happily buy stuff from them and recommend them to everyone. The problem is the $5.00 shipping, but still, WAY cheaper than the rest. I may get one. **** nevermind...just noticed a shipping option for 1.70
    -------------------------------
    HTC One M8
    -------------------------------
  7. Senior Droid
    maineultraclassic's Avatar
    Member #
    149692
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Southern Maine
    Posts
    215
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #6
    So a question about these screen protectors............

    Does it cover the entire glass?

    Is it smooth or textured?

    Steve
    Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus - 4.1.1 Jelly Bean - 2100mAh battery
    Acer Iconia A500 - 4.0.3 ICS

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. A Case With Screen Protection?
    By iamloco724 in forum Android Accessories
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-11-2014, 11:25 PM
  2. Cheap Ebay screen protector anyone?
    By Janet1025 in forum Motorola Droid Pro
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-17-2011, 01:36 AM
  3. Dirt behind Droid screen
    By LilJayV10 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-06-2010, 11:59 PM
  4. How delicate is the screen with no protection?
    By rsarno in forum HTC Droid Incredible
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-22-2010, 11:01 PM
  5. Need good cheap screen protectors
    By LOUISSSSS in forum Android Accessories
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-01-2010, 08:34 PM

Search tags for this page

cheap droid x cases

,

cheap droid x covers

,
cheap droid x screen protector
,
cheap phone cases for droid x
,
cheapest droid x screen
,
droid x phone cases for cheap
,
droid x protective film
,
galaxy nexus monoprice screen protector
,
galaxy nexus screen protector monoprice
,
incredible 2 monoprice
,

monoprice galaxy nexus screen protector

,
monoprice screen protector
,

monoprice screen protector review

,
monoprice screen protectors
,
motola driod x dirt cheap
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+