DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: FM Transmitter

  1. Droid Newbie
    JulieS13's Avatar
    Member #
    102834
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Droid X
    #1

    FM Transmitter

    I don't have an AUX Input in my car; I'm looking for an FM Transmitter that works well with the DX...I've tried several and so far they suck.

    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Senior Droid
    BLAZE86DUBZ's Avatar
    Member #
    104415
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    173
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    driod x
    #2
    try the one for a sirius radio you can buy them at best buy
  4. Droid
    imreddy's Avatar
    Member #
    135420
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    31
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    #3
    I tried the Jabra bluetooth speaker phone that has a FM transmitter
    from Verizon to play music from my phone via blutooth and and it doesn't give me the same kick that I get from a CD. Let me know if there's a good one.

    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  5. Senior Droid
    procrastination's Avatar
    Member #
    136462
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    118
    Phone
    DroidX
    #4
    The monster one is pretty good. I used it last year.

    --------------------------------------
    So tell me Future Boy, who's President of The United States in 1985?
  6. Theme Developer
    carlz28's Avatar
    Member #
    42280
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    820
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DROID X
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #5
    I'm looking to find one that has the strongest signal strength allowed. I have a brand new car...unfortunately without an auxillary imput. I was going to put my old stereo system (well, not old, just in my last car) into the new one, but a wiring harness isn't made for it yet. Not a cheap one anyway. And I don't feel like spending $120 for a custom one to be made. The problem with me, is that where I live, just about every darn station I tune in on the stock radio brings in a decent signal. Trying to get the FM transmitter on ANY station is basically useless. I've tried several brands and none seem to work well. Belkin, Monster, iTrip (for my iPod) and two other I forget their names.
    Guess I'm out of luck unless I want to spend the money for a custom harness.
    My name "IS" carl-- z28 is just what I drive.
    But I respond to anything....call me Tom, Richard or Harry.
  7. Master Droid
    FSRBIKER's Avatar
    Member #
    14833
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Oak Ridge, NJ
    Posts
    645
    Phone
    RoboDROID
    #6
    What you want is a FM Modulator not a transmitter, these bypass being broadcast to your antenna as they plug in before the radio signal gets to the radio. I use this one in my Suby: Amazon.com: Scosche FM-MOD02 Universal Audio Input FM Modulator for iPod, Satellite Radio or Portable Music Player: Electronics
    RubiX Beta by Drod2169
    Yes it's Fast!!

    Android has the best developers!
  8. Senior Droid
    Cunha's Avatar
    Member #
    120488
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    118
    Phone
    A4500 Q9n
    #7
    FSRBIKER - thanks a lot. To be clear - that thing has an aux out and will plug into the back of most head units? Then I tune in to whatever FM station it is set for and it bypasses the broadcasted signal? The toggle switch on the AUX disables it so you can still listen to the radio?

    Looks like the best option for people that have stock head units they dont want to, or can't replace. Very cool.
  9. Junior Droid
    ben1284's Avatar
    Member #
    34869
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    26
    Phone
    DROID
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by FSRBIKER View Post
    What you want is a FM Modulator not a transmitter, these bypass being broadcast to your antenna as they plug in before the radio signal gets to the radio. I use this one in my Suby: Amazon.com: Scosche FM-MOD02 Universal Audio Input FM Modulator for iPod, Satellite Radio or Portable Music Player: Electronics
    now will this still help me even though i already have an aux in my jeep? i'm just tired of plugging in all the time..this is a means for wireless as well right? just better sound quality than fm transmitter?
  10. Master Droid
    FSRBIKER's Avatar
    Member #
    14833
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Oak Ridge, NJ
    Posts
    645
    Phone
    RoboDROID
    #9
    Ben this creates an aux in if your vehicle does not have one. It is not wireless.


    Quote Originally Posted by ben1284 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FSRBIKER View Post
    What you want is a FM Modulator not a transmitter, these bypass being broadcast to your antenna as they plug in before the radio signal gets to the radio. I use this one in my Suby: Amazon.com: Scosche FM-MOD02 Universal Audio Input FM Modulator for iPod, Satellite Radio or Portable Music Player: Electronics
    now will this still help me even though i already have an aux in my jeep? i'm just tired of plugging in all the time..this is a means for wireless as well right? just better sound quality than fm transmitter?
    RubiX Beta by Drod2169
    Yes it's Fast!!

    Android has the best developers!
  11. Master Droid
    FSRBIKER's Avatar
    Member #
    14833
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Oak Ridge, NJ
    Posts
    645
    Phone
    RoboDROID
    #10
    It has a toggle to listen to radio or the aux input. How it works is you unplug your antenna from the radio this plugs into the radio and then the antenna into this piece. Certain cars like Subarus need an antenna adapter since they dont use the standard looking antenna plug. There are two selectable frequencies you can use once its installed. Works very well, occasionally I get some kind of overriding signal for a few seconds but its so infrequent I cant figure out how it happens.

    Well worth it IMO and blows away any FM transmitter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
    FSRBIKER - thanks a lot. To be clear - that thing has an aux out and will plug into the back of most head units? Then I tune in to whatever FM station it is set for and it bypasses the broadcasted signal? The toggle switch on the AUX disables it so you can still listen to the radio?

    Looks like the best option for people that have stock head units they dont want to, or can't replace. Very cool.
    RubiX Beta by Drod2169
    Yes it's Fast!!

    Android has the best developers!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. FM Transmitter
    By thatoneguy5349 in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-01-2010, 07:59 PM
  2. FM transmitter?
    By Topdog1992 in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-22-2010, 08:35 PM
  3. FM transmitter
    By tx_taz35 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-03-2010, 11:55 PM
  4. FM TRANSMITTER need help !!!!
    By fLiP SiD3 in forum Android Accessories
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-26-2010, 09:43 PM
  5. FM Transmitter
    By segen77 in forum Android Accessories
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-06-2009, 05:01 PM

Search tags for this page

app that turns phone into fm transmitter
,

app to turn phone into fm transmitter

,
apps that turn your phone into a fm transmitter
,
how to turn android into fm transmitter
,
how to turn my android into a fm transmitter
,
how to turn phone into fm transmitter
,

turn android into fm transmitter

,

turn android phone into fm transmitter

,
turn phone into fm transmitter
,

turn your android into a fm transmitter

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+