4.3 is what I use...and ya to prevent the error decompile the apk before making your .9 edits...edit them while decompiled, then compile...maybe you missed a .9?...that or a typo in xml...hard to say without seeing the error
on the windows version if i decompile and then recompile without changing anything it works fine...here is the error by the way...there are a ton just like these:
/home/Desktop/apk_manager/other/../out/res/values/public.xml:2054: error: Public symbol string/permlab_readSyncSettings declared here is not defined.
/home/Desktop/apk_manager/other/../out/res/values/public.xml:2058: error: Public symbol string/permlab_readSyncStats declared here is not defined.
/home/Desktop/apk_manager/other/../out/res/values/public.xml:1962: error: Public symbol string/permlab_reboot declared here is not defined.
/home/Desktop/apk_manager/other/../out/res/values/public.xml:1928: error: Public symbol string/permlab_receiveBootCompleted declared here is not defined.
/home/Desktop/apk_manager/other/../out/res/values/public.xml:1828: error: Public symbol string/permlab_receiveMms declared here is not defined.
/home/Desktop/apk_manager/other/../out/res/values/public.xml:1826: error: Public symbol string/permlab_receiveSms declared here is not defined
This is without changing anything. Just decompiling and immediately recompiling...and it's UD 3.0. Again, it works fine on the windows version...
If you could figure out what's going on it would be great. I've got windows running on a VM just for this, and would rather not ever have to use windows again haha
No problem...there might be some .9s in ud that aren't in a stock framework...so you might need to decompile it and re-patch the .9s
Its a big pain in apkmanager tracking down a bad .9...I always make a copy of a known working "out" folder with the decompiled .9s and go through and replace my bad ones 1 by 1 until it compiles without errors...can take hours to do...not fun but its the best way I've found