Suddenly, 4 days ago, my gmail and calendar stopped syncing on my Droid. I have Outlook on my laptop, and had been syncing through gmail just fine. Here is what I have already done to try to resolve the problem:
1. Deleted the cache data in gmail on my phone. This emptied all the email on my phone and left a black screen with a message that emails would download shortly. They never did.
2. Uninstalled Gmail ap update on my phone. I would not allow me to uninstall the base program. Still had the message that downloads would begin shortly, but never did.
3. Reinstalled gmail ap update on my phone. This loaded my old messages back into my phone. But, again, none of the messages I've received in the past 4 days.
4. Uninstalled google calendar sync on my laptop, then reinstalled it, enables 2 way sync, and initiated sync. This did not help.
5. Went into gmail online and checked all settings. sync is enabled on laptop,
6. Went into gmail ap settings on my phone and set # of days to sync to 4 days (it had been set at 1), set all folders to sync all.
7. On phone, all accounts are set to sync.
None of these has worked.
Does anyone on the forum have experience with this to suggest what steps I should try next?