DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Screen does it's own thing, presses buttons, goes into apps..

Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1 Ver 2.2 Bugless Beast

Screen does it's own thing, presses buttons, goes into apps..

and it does this ALL on it's own. It started the other day when I downloaded a new rom from clockworkmod. The screen started doing it's own thing, only when the screen was on. It would go crazy, messaging and just pressing any buttons it could. I erased my SD card, found a rom on it that I could not delete off the PC unless I was in safe mode, so I am guessing it had some virus. I downloaded a rom, after I erased and cleared my phone and SD card, and put it onto my SD card then installed it in safemode on my droid, but it is STILL having this issue, going crazy.. it's soo bad now that I cannot get done on my phone what I want to get done. I can't press buttons because of whatever is going on.. Ugh.

My phone is rooted and because of that, I am wondering if there is some file that attacked my phone's core, but I have no idea how to fix that. Grrr, anyway..can any1 help me (after rambling lol)
    Running Bugless Beast V0.5 on my Moto Droid 1.

Isn't the droid logo guy a cutie?? ---> <3

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    Download and apply the SBF file... a hassle but works

Droid X rubiX 1.8.6 OC'd at 1.35Ghz Black Juice Green Mod
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    lg g2
    mine is doing the same thing but it started before i updated my rom (was on sapphire 1.1, updated to 1.1.1)

so i figued it was the actual touch screen going bad. i'm thinking about unrooting and taking it to verizon to get a new one since i've had it less than a year, unless anyone has any better ideas?
  5. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    TBOLT / Charge
    Premium Member
    A couple of things could be going on but I can tell you that it is rare for the android system to become infected with a virus.

First do you have a task killer installed? If so delete it. They tend to cause more problems than they are worth. Next have you used a replacement or other than original charger. I know them s sounds weirs but for some reason when a secondary charger is used the phone goes crazy. A replacement charger actually fried my husbands phone. The last thing that could be the problem is either an app that is not compatible with the rom you have or a kernel that your phone doesn't like.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by dlwhtrose View Post
    A couple of things could be going on but I can tell you that it is rare for the android system to become infected with a virus.

First do you have a task killer installed? If so delete it. They tend to cause more problems than they are worth. Next have you used a replacement or other than original charger. I know them s sounds weirs but for some reason when a secondary charger is used the phone goes crazy. A replacement charger actually fried my husbands phone. The last thing that could be the problem is either an app that is not compatible with the rom you have or a kernel that your phone doesn't like.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    My phone has not restored any apps, the only apps that are stored onto my phone are the ones that CAME with the rom I flashed (bugless beast). So no task killer or incompatible apps, I thought it could be an app too, but guess not.

The screen is soo bad right now, I cannot click on it to make it do ANYTHING. I am worried.

How do I download and install the SBF file and where is it?

****, the phone just selected SPANISH as language as I was looking at, or trying to look at, my settings and it is going berzerk so I can't go back or forward, I can't read no espanol lol GRRRRRR

Whatever this is, it is messing with my utilities because my screen is now soo dim, I cannot see the screen well enough (which is what sent me into settings) STUPID THING lol :/
    Last edited by IluvMyDroid-LTD; 11-18-2010 at 09:57 PM.

7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    lg g2
    mine's not quite as bad as yours luvmydroid, and if i turn the screen off and back on its better for a few seconds... the left side of the screen does not always work and sometimes the left soft button (search) doesn't work... and every now and then it goes spastic as if i'm pressing a bunch of buttons when i'm not, like the pulldown menu will pop up and down really quickly for example or screens will scroll back and forth uncontrollably
    Member #
    Phone
    I'm in the clockworkmod recovery using debugging functions... see what this does...

Member #
    Phone
    Ugh now it's rebooting on it's own.. hmmm.. (although it has only done this a few times)

Member #
    Phone
    ????? I want to unroot my droid, maybe that will fix this error. Yet I don't know how to, everything that I've looked up online seems out dated. Is there any 'easy' way or 'dummy' way, I can't open up my phone's screen and type letters and all that into an emulator, the phone won't let me type anymore.

11. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    My Droid X does the same thing using the stock Verizon provided ROM. For me, most of the time when it starts controlling the screen I can regain control by turning the display off and on.

The problem happens several times a day.

Occasionally, it's so unresponsive that I have to pull the battery.

I use a pass code to unlock my phone, this prevents the phone screen from changing settings (that is, unless it randomly presses the right code :-)

I do have Advanced Task Killer (Free) installed. I've uninstalled that and will see if the problem continues.

I have also tried reinstalling the phone back to the factory fresh condition (forgot the correct terminology) and ran it for several days without installing any additional software without any screen freakouts.

I'll report back if the problem continues without ATK(Free).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links