I believe you! I've not spent any time with a Droid 2 so I wonder if the Blur has something to do with it.
Forgive your enemies it messes with their minds!
Is there a way to re-install froyo ota? Is this a way to get my Market working again?
I've tried clearing cache by changing ROM, but no joy
I'm using FRG22D and would rather reinstall and have to re-root than have inability to install and uninstall apps. If recommended, where to download, how to do it?
As for general market problems. Please. Realize that the Android market is hosted on google's servers. Realize that google is the biggest website in the world. Realize that google is going to allocate more bandwidth to "google.com" than they will to the android market. Realize that this will cause weird problems for us Android market donwloaders. Realize that this is true 95% of the time. Realize that the other 5% can be fixed by the solution posted in this thread.
Can we EVER put these 'market problems' threads to rest? I doubt it, but we can always try and hope . . . . . .
Re: general market problems and Google allocation of bandwidth... I have no problem downloading from Market. My problems are with install or uninstall, after the download. Either install or uninstall hangs and never ends.
In desperation I thought to start over with a reinstall of Froyo, as it seems the problem must be with the part of the os that installs or uninstalls being corrupted? Maybe by some bad interaction with one of the apps I installed when I had the capability to install/uninstall.
Would you agree this is reasonable to try to solve this problem? Any other suggestions would be welcome, as you seem totally versed in the phone. Thanks.
Well, at the risk of sounding redundant, you could just simply try rebooting the phone. If that doesn't work, try a factory data reset, but when you're done and after the phone reboots and you sign back into google, set the phone down until you see the 'xxx applications restored' message in your notification bar. If that doesn't fix you up, then prehaps try one (or two or three) of your latest nandroid backups with a data/cache wipe before installing. Failing that, then perhaps you could/should explore unrooting with a clean install of FRG22D via the method that I mentioned above.
I have rebooted innumerable times, factory data reset, and tried reinstalling backups and installed new and different ROMs with data/cache wiped. I think the clean install of FRG22D, and a re-root is the next thing to do. I'll let you know how it comes out.
This is what I do and it works everytime for me. Download the free version of Titanium Backup (its a root app fyi). Uninstall any previous versions of the stuck app USING TITANIUM BACKUP, not the market. Next, using Titanium backup, delete the apk for the stuck app if it is there. Reboot and the stuck app should install. How to uninstall and delete APKs with Titanium backup is fairly straightforward if you just search the UI a little.
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk